I was modding my friend's strat for him, he wanted a killswitch. And through much time and effort, I tried using superglue to fix something, and it got on the guitar. So I got some fine-grit sandpaper, and rubbed most of it away. but there's marks of where I sanded. Any good quick ways to fix that up with stuff lying around the house? Would car wax do the job? I gotta make it look good as new.
I'd just get automotive paint and use that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 7, 2008,
Quote by oneblackened
...Scratches give a guitar character. my Teacher's 89 LP has the finish worn through on the neck. NTM a bunch of paint missing on the back.

You idiot...he scratched his friends guitar. How is that character?
Be cool.
Super glue can be removed with nail polish remover.

You probably should've looked that up before going with the sandpaper.

Depending on the extent of the damage, you could just buff the area, or maybe spray some colour-matched automotive paint and then buff the area.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
scratch the rest of the guitar so it looks uniform?
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
the finish on my schecter c1 hellraiser is wearing through on the neck its a hell of alot lighter than the rest of the guitar but ikinda like it
but yea buff it up with some wax you could even try clear nail varnish if its a gloss finish
Nail polish then wax it. Okay.

I had also used rubbing alcohol to no avail. Nail polish it is, then.

EDIT: Acetone needed in the nailpolish remover? My sister has Non-acetone.
Last edited by imgod22222 at May 7, 2008,
Quote by imgod22222
Nail polish then wax it. Okay.

I had also used rubbing alcohol to no avail. Nail polish it is, then.

EDIT: Acetone needed in the nailpolish remover? My sister has Non-acetone.

It has to be an acetone based compound because that's the only thing that will dissolve superglue but not the polyester lacquer underneath.

Now that the scratches are there it's going to be a chore to get them out.

I'd use Flexi-grit

Then follow it with burnishing cream, jeweller's rouge and a grovelling apology.

I really can't imagine why you needed super-glue to fit a simple kill switch...
to fix a dumb pickup switch because the switch didn't work because metal screws held it together (conductive) (always closed) so i tried holding it together with nonconductive superglue, which ran through the switch.

Must find acetone...