My new amp...I just took it to band practice and everything i pop or slap the amp makes a popping noise. Im guessing that's "clipping"

Its the Ashdown Superfly.

Also, Its 250W and im playing into a 4 ohm avatar 210.. Why doesn't it even sound as loud as my old peavey TNT 150W? Is it maybe because its so low to the ground? whereas my peavey was twice as high off the ground?

I was cranked to full volume at practice. And even not at full volume the amp clips.

I dont know what to do.

Any help please?

I dont want this to happen at a show....
Edit/Delete Message
I know this may sound stupid, but have you tried using a different lead?
lead = cable. When having amp issues its the first thing you should swap out and hopefully the cause of your issue, since its usually the cheapest to deal with.
Quote by anarkee
lead = cable. When having amp issues its the first thing you should swap out and hopefully the cause of your issue, since its usually the cheapest to deal with.

Unless your hearing aid is distorting, and it just needs so replacement batteries. Pretty sure those might run you a bit less than your average cable.

...Obligatory +1 spam neutralizer.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
what kind of cable are u using to connect ur head to ur cab?

1/4 can't handle too much over about 150W w/o it sounding crappy.

try a diff cable? Speakon maybe?
if your using an active bass make sure your in the low input, it willbe a lil quieter but it wont clip if thats the problem

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
My guess is it lies somewhere with the double power section + mono power amp stuff that Ashdown thinks is all cool. Of course their manuals are piss and explain nothing, but that would be my initial guess. I would suspect that maybe you're wiring the cab wrong. I know with a head capable of dual mono that if you plug one cab into a dual mono slot your wattage drops drastically when compared to the bridge. Although that wouldn't make sense because you don't have two power amps, only one, but two power sections. I don't even know what that means. I would try reading the manual and seeing if there's anything about plugging in cabs with the dual power sections.
Im already using a Speakon cable and the cab is rated at 500W RMS

and my bass is passive
even a speakon cable can get messed up. it's not indestructable.
try the cable with a different instrument through a different amp if you're sure that's not it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I went to guitar center and did that. It sounded fine.

Now that I officially hate my Superfly however, Im thinking about saving up for a Little Mark II
Have you tried phoning Ashdown? Don't e-mail them, because then you're inviting them to not respond, but if you phone them they virtually have to answer your question. Try that before thinking about new amps already.