ok so I'm learning to do 3 string sweeps, I'm finding this to be harder then 4 or 5 string sweeps. so when you sweep with the left and right all in motion together, is the left hand suppose to keep that arpeggio(spelling? lol) position or do you "roll" your fingers. Cause when I'm rolling for 3 string it is flat out ugly sounding and 5 string sweep sounds better. My Guitar and amp suck though and i try not to use that as an excuse cause i know its me. I'm trying to sweep down then do a quick hammer on or pulloff and go back up to a sweep and move across the fretboard, when i do this though sounds like a child using a pick and going crazy on it, when can i do? thanks
LOL
You have to "mute" the note immediately after playing it whilst sweeping. So make sure you DO NOT keep the fingers held down to the respective note they are playing.

...but then again, I suck at sweeping, too.
you hit each note individually like u would with something with 4 or 5 strings. once you hit the note you have to take your finger off the string
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
mute? the right hand muting thing? ohh i see. You can sweep while keeping the string damped a little bit?
LOL
What sweep are you trying? Then we could help more.
My advice on any sweeps (3 strings in this context) is just to flow with the fingers, not roll, but better idea would be almost to use your finger tips to "step/walk" from string to string. like in a sweep like this:
Major Arpeggio 3 String Run
14-10------10-13-10------10-13-10------10-12-9-----9-12
-----12--12--------12--12--------11--11-------10-10----
-------11------------11------------10-----------9------
-------------------------------------------------------
pick and press down on the string at the same time
then instantly release your finger
and then move on to the next string
(ect)
getting mad cause it keeps ringing out into each other, and i feel like I'm getting my fingers off in time but no luck, they ring in! Starting to get mad like a monkey, I've been at this for only a month or two but still getting mad lol
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
getting mad cause it keeps ringing out into each other, and i feel like I'm getting my fingers off in time but no luck, they ring in! Starting to get mad like a monkey, I've been at this for only a month or two but still getting mad lol

Happened to me alot too in the start. I'm not perfect at sweeping, but I do manage to get some decent ones, without the strings ringing. Took me alot of practice too xD.

Just play it very slowly on clean and work on muting the strings.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
SLOW DOWN.
then increase in speed.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps