I need some help with keeping a high school band together...what happens is i get a group of amazing players together and it breaks up after one show because everyone else is committed to something else. I seem to be the only one really committed to the music in any of my bands and not about baseball or football or any of that (boring) stuff. How am I supposed to get a band together and keep them committed and gigging all the time..any advice?
don't suck
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Find People who are committed. I have the same problem (Possibly) as you though. No one in my town is committed to a band. They only start it up and pick up that guitar their parent's bought for them 3 years ago, but never cared to play; because they think it will be "cool".

My advice...Play music everyone can agree on. It's how I kept my band together for a year before our bassist walked out cause he was "bored with it".
find good music people that live music as their lives and dont do sports those are the best