I've spotted a Crate Blue Voodoo 120H halfstack on craigslist for $500-500. I'm meeting up with the guy tomorrow to test it out. What sort of things should I look for (aside from "do you like the sound")?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Ask how old the tubes are.

Ask if he's the original owner.

Ask if he's ever had any problems with it.

Ask if he'll go any lower!

Make sure and test out everything, how the amp responds to the volume and tone knob on your guitar on all channels.

Look inside the amp and just make sure everything looks ok.

Twist the knobs to make sure they don't make any scratching noises.

Flip all the switches and make sure it all works.

Take a pedal with you if you can and try it in the FX-Loop to make sure it works.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks a lot. I'm not very experienced with tube amps, so how old is too old on the tubes?

I'm looking for the entire stack, both head and cab.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Hope you like Megadeth... Thats all i could get out of one distortion wise.. Just a heads up..

I've heard that from a few sources, but I've also heard good tones from them at a few local shows.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Thats a good deal for both head and cab,on les paul when i roll the volume and tone knob back i get sweet blues on the distortion channel.I own one and dont think it is 1 sided at all, I think you will like it for 500.probably anything over 2 years on tubes are too old but depends how often it was played,everyday,once a week.