Heres the deal,
I'm getting a car soon enough (infinity qx4), and i'd like to get a good system in it. Thing is, i know absolutely nothing about it. i'd like to get two subs, and four speakers? I'm sure theres more i need, but as i said, i don't know anything. any help would be appreciated. i don't have a budget as of now, but i'd like to keep it around 800, i can do more though.

"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
you'll want to replace the head unit, and buy an amp along with the speakers.
couple things i need answered..
#1 your 4 speakers will probably be the same size and replace the existing factory ones right..
#2 how much room do you have and where would you like to put the subs(i would assume in the cargo area)
#3 what type of bass would you like to get out of your subs, a tight bass(accurate reproduction of bass and drums) or just a loud BOOM BOOM type

you will need a wiring kit for the amp for the subs and although not necessary, getting an amplifier for the speakers would improve sound quality.

some brands to consider for the cd deck, Sony, Alpine, kenwood, Blaupunkt, clarion, eclipse

Blaupunkt has good quality for a lower price than alot of the other brands so i would recommend them.
MY GEAR
Vox AC50Cp2
Behringer V-AMPIRE lX1200H
Behringer BG412F Half Stack
PEAVEY ENVOY 112
DIGITECH RP80
DIGITECH DEGIDELAY
ART & LUTHERIE Electric-Acoustic
Godin Freeway EMG
FENDER Standard Tele
YAMAHA Strat
Quote by ROCK-N-ROLL
couple things i need answered..
#1 your 4 speakers will probably be the same size and replace the existing factory ones right..
#2 how much room do you have and where would you like to put the subs(i would assume in the cargo area)
#3 what type of bass would you like to get out of your subs, a tight bass(accurate reproduction of bass and drums) or just a loud BOOM BOOM type

you will need a wiring kit for the amp for the subs and although not necessary, getting an amplifier for the speakers would improve sound quality.

some brands to consider for the cd deck, Sony, Alpine, kenwood, Blaupunkt, clarion, eclipse

Blaupunkt has good quality for a lower price than alot of the other brands so i would recommend them.

#1- i'll get back to you tomorrow.
#2- is there a better place than the cargo area? i need my drum room
#3- A tight bass, to fit your description of it.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Quote by skippertipper

#2- is there a better place than the cargo area? i need my drum room

Not usually, unless you want subs sticking out in the middle of your car.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=178650&i=044H1212DS&tp=127

this is a pre made enclose for dual 12" subs, its $169 but the box is very important. the reason i asked you what type of bass you wanted was to decide on box type. a Sealed box will give you the sound you want. this box you can leave the plug in and get "tight" bass or take it out to have a ported box aka 'BOOM BOOM' type bass

As for subs. Kicker Comp 12's are the best bang for the buck.I run a single kicker comp 10" in my truck and can push 130db easy.honestly theres no better subs then kicker in my opinion. heres the comp 12" buy one get one free for $99

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=178650&i=044H1212DS&tp=127

compvr is more expensive, but you do get what you pay for

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=520&i=2067C12VR4&tp=111

you will want a 2 channel amp with each channels rms power rating in the upper end of the subs rms power rating. you also need a wiring kit for the amp (4 gauge probably) and 12 gauge wire to run from the amp to the subs.

next thing is you will need a deck that has subs outputs..theres alot to choose from on crutchfield.com
MY GEAR
Vox AC50Cp2
Behringer V-AMPIRE lX1200H
Behringer BG412F Half Stack
PEAVEY ENVOY 112
DIGITECH RP80
DIGITECH DEGIDELAY
ART & LUTHERIE Electric-Acoustic
Godin Freeway EMG
FENDER Standard Tele
YAMAHA Strat