i am looking to buy a tube amp. i play in a thrash metal band and i was wondering which amp i should get.
peavey windsor. 100 watt halfstack. i would use a ocd distortion pedal
Peavey Valveking 100 watt combo
Peavey 5105 used cheaper then both and better.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
If you want to have some clean sounds go with the valveking if not you might like the windsor because of the el-34s. The Windsor is supposed to have more of that marshall sound. In my opinion The windsor just never gets tight enough and i felt it really lacked the definition that an all tube amp should have.
Last edited by Muramasa at May 7, 2008,