I dont know if this is the right place for this thread but anyways I was wondering how I could get a country tone similar to Brad Paisley's with my amp. I have a Marshall DSL401 and I use a 1991 Epiphone Sheraton. So could please let me know know how to set up the eq to get a good country tone?
Trebles and mids, trebles and mids, can't get enough of the trebles and mids.

Not entirely sure of Paisley's tone, but most country has that "twang" of high treble and at least 12'oclocked mids.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Easiest answer is probably to buy a telecaster

Failing that, treble and mids is always good, and a bit of compression never hurt anyone. The DSL isn't really what I'd call a "country" amp though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Maybe a Fender amp could help out your country tone?

he didnt ask what amp to get for a county tone, he asked how he could get it with amp he has
Quote by scottish nutter
he didnt ask what amp to get for a county tone, he asked how he could get it with amp he has

Who are you, the Forum police?

No need to slam others for making a simple suggestion. Maybe the post originator would benefit from his suggestion.
Trav
^ Well said
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Traveler 45C

No need to slam others for making a simple suggestion. Maybe the post originator would benefit from his suggestion.

Maybe he'd benefit more if EDIT:"he" read his post?

To TS, I agree with the treble and mids, use light delay for a reverb effect, it works quite well.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Traveler 45C

where the fuk did i slam anyone? i only pointed out that the guy asked how to get a tone from his amp, he didnt ask what amp would get him that tone, but as always in this place the reply was to get a different amp
Yeah i was just about to post a thread on this same topic about Brad Paisley as well! Thank what ever deity you worship that i searchbared But yeah i have a tele but i still can't quite hit it. Perhaps some playing round with my POD may get it right. Brad Paisley FTW!!!!
Believe it or not, turning down your amp and picking softer will go along way towards the sound your looking for.

Oh, and a Tele will help but, you sould be able to get close with any single coil.
Trav