I just started playin guitar in december 2007 and i want a new guitar cuz i think mines a piece and my amp sucks to. Im new to guitars so i dont really no any guitar companys so if any one has any suggestions of wat guitar to get can you tell me?
what do you have now?
what's your budget?
what style of music do you play?

Edit: and most people here will say to get a new amp first
Quote by samick007
what do you have now?
what's your budget?
what style of music do you play?

Edit: and most people here will say to get a new amp first

yep, get a new amp first.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
well right now i have a fender squire strat it kinda sucks and a fender amp, its kinda small and my budget...umm wat do you meann??

Edit: oh ya and i play almost every thing i can learn
Quote by Abreu77
well right now i have a fender squire strat it kinda sucks and a fender amp, its kinda small and my budget...umm wat do you meann??

Hahahaha.

Keep the guitar.

Amp should be fine also. Go into detail. What kind of fender amp.

Sounds like you need a epiphone starter kit!
Quote by Abreu77
Well, right now I have a Fender Squier strat (which kinda sucks) and a
small Fender amp. What do you mean when you say budget?

grammar nazi to the rescue!

Budget is how much money you have, or are willing to spend on new stuff.

Edit: ^ Why would he need another starter kit? That would just be useless.
Quote by samick007
^ Why would he need another starter kit? That would just be useless.

I'm not sure. Just bored I guess.

If I knew a budget though I could help ya out!
Guitar...depends on what style of music you play. You can have my two cents anyway... If you play rock/metal, I'd suggest an Ibanez RG with fixed bridge (NOT TREMELO), or an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. For an Amp, I'd recommend a Roland Cube 30x or a Peavey Transtube Envoy. That should give you a decent sound.
you need longer on the setup you have honestly. playing anything you can learn is good but you don't buy a starter kit for a few months and then decide to upgrade and think it'll make you better. in the eyes of guitarists, ur a little kid puttin on big boy pants or shaving before you have facial hair. spend at least a year on ur starter guitar and change the amp first. you need more time w/ it so you can get a feel for appreciation of your instrument and develop ear for tone.

i spent over two years playing on a firstAct strat before i got my SG. it taught me my values VERY quick.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
oh im only like 12 years old and my parents are cheap asses so im willing to pay like 100 tops and the detail you want in my amp... i dont really know it just says Squire on the front and i think its kinda messed cuz it only haz a volume knob a treble knob and a base knob, almost everyone i knows who plays guitar has like.. 6 knobs at least

edit: wow.. i mean 1000
Last edited by Abreu77 at May 7, 2008,
Quote by Abreu77
oh im only like 12 years old and my parents are cheap asses so im willing to pay like 100 tops and the detail you want in my amp... i dont really know it just says Squire on the front and i think its kinda messed cuz it only haz a volume knob a treble knob and a base knob, almost everyone i knows who plays guitar has like.. 6 knobs at least

Anything less than $400, don't bother, it won't be any upgrade at all. Just stick with the stuff you have for now. (and the number of knobs has nothing to do with the quality)

Edit: I'm assuming you're talking about US dollars when you say 100.
Quote by Abreu77
my guitar was 300...

Then how can you expect something that's less than $100 to be any better?
Quote by Abreu77
oh im only like 12 years old and my parents are cheap asses so im willing to pay like 1000 tops

uh... first don't be an ungrateful bratty kid, and second I can't help you then, as the combined cost of all my gear still isn't that much (and I have 3 guitars)
well now that you've brought GOD into this i'm leaving. way to lose some respect kid.

well at least you've lost some of MY respect.

i'll leave saying the only thing you'd need to upgrade eventually is that amp. wait a year or two before changing guitars. there's tons of people on UG who use squier strats modded to sound pretty good. alrite. i'm gone.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

No, MGs suck (speaking from painful experience)

Look kid, grow up. Every time you curse excessivly and act like a moron saying random **** your losing respect. You need to quit beating around the bush and acting like a smart-ass, just listen. Back on subject, your squire will be utfor now, I keep a blue Affinity strat as a change of pace from my SG. Get a Roland Cube, they're nice amps for the price. Don't let anyone talk you into a Marshall MG or Line 6 Spider.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Get an Ibanez RG, a jackson dinky, or an ltd w/e, If you like cool shapes keep in mind V's and explorers are very uncomfortable standing the neck will drop forward but if your like me and love the feel anyways u can get a leather strap to deal with it. For the amp I would recommend getting either the regular line 6 Spider III, or a spider Valve depending on your budget after the guitar. Yes I'm disagreeing with most on getting the amp 2nd but if you have a decent guitar to shred on then you probably won't lose interest, plus guitars are bada$$ to buy haha.
My Gear:
LTD EC-1000 (duncan jb/jazz)
Schecter SLS (EMGs)
ESP Horizon
6505 head
Marshall 1960lead cab
Boss noise gate
maxon od808
boss chorus
boss de-7
Dunlop strings and tortex 1.14s
To be honest, if you're only 12 and have been playing for 5-6 months, you really, really, REALLY don't need a $1000 guitar. But go ahead and buy a distortion pedal or an amp with effects.
more sig required.
You sir, Deserve a slap...
I wouldn't even use an MG to smash up like Townshend

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
+1 or 2 on the MicroCube, it's a great practice amp that gets great reviews. Use the search bar here and see the posts regarding it. I don't think you would be disappointed. I have a Squier strat that I love and am going to eventually mod with new pick ups etc. Good luck.