ive been playing guitar for 6 years, but im pretty new to pedals...and was wondering if there are any "essential" performance pedals i need for a small town local band playing mostly modern/hard rock with a little bit of classic rock

im assuming an OD pedal...i was thinking digitech bad monkey
maybe a distortion....
and maybe a tuner pedal...i was thinking boss TU-2
possibly a wah pedal

right now im buying a new amp which is probly gunna be a Crate V-Series 50W Tube Combo...so thats my amp...

btw i am on a budget
Last edited by AJS19 at May 7, 2008,
Well, most of the effects you could ever want can be found on your RP150. I'd spend more time with it, and find out which effects on it you find yourself using the most.
Marshall 50w half stack is a very well-suited effect for your musical style. Not the crate combo...
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by dannyisokay
Marshall 50w half stack is a very well-suited effect for your musical style. Not the crate combo...

if i was rich....
For pedals...

The Bad Monkey is a nice analog OD, and best of all, it is pretty CHEAP! Additionally, with a tube amp and a decent OD, you probably won't need a distortion pedal.

Also, don't bother with a tuner pedal. Just get a decent cheap hand-held version (they're like what, $20?). You'll regret dropping a bunch of money on a tuner pedal, especially if you are on a budget.

For a wah... there a lots out there. I would personally just get a Crybaby, but there are lots of people who recommend other wahs (like the Buddha, etc). A wah will run you like ~$100 average.

Aside from that... I would look into getting a delay pedal. It will give a nice effect to use for any solo-ing, maybe some chorus-y parts, etc.

All in all... you'd be pretty set with an OD and a wah, and perhaps a delay; anything else would largely be "extra" (extra isn't bad, but you're on a budget).
Quote by CyBerAliEn
For pedals...

The Bad Monkey is a nice analog OD, and best of all, it is pretty CHEAP! Additionally, with a tube amp and a decent OD, you probably won't need a distortion pedal.

Also, don't bother with a tuner pedal. Just get a decent cheap hand-held version (they're like what, $20?). You'll regret dropping a bunch of money on a tuner pedal, especially if you are on a budget.

For a wah... there a lots out there. I would personally just get a Crybaby, but there are lots of people who recommend other wahs (like the Buddha, etc). A wah will run you like ~$100 average.

Aside from that... I would look into getting a delay pedal. It will give a nice effect to use for any solo-ing, maybe some chorus-y parts, etc.

All in all... you'd be pretty set with an OD and a wah, and perhaps a delay; anything else would largely be "extra" (extra isn't bad, but you're on a budget).

would those all work pretty decent with my Crate V-Series????

btw its kinda hard for me tuning on stage with a handheld tuner.... lol
Last edited by AJS19 at May 8, 2008,
The Crate V series responds quite well to pedals. However I'm a firm believer in the virtues of a tuner pedal. Handheld tuners are useful, but are tragically inconvenient for live playing as they're difficult to see on a dark stage, easy to misplace, and require extra time for unplugging and replugging.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
The Crate V series responds quite well to pedals. However I'm a firm believer in the virtues of a tuner pedal. Handheld tuners are useful, but are tragically inconvenient for live playing as they're difficult to see on a dark stage, easy to misplace, and require extra time for unplugging and replugging.

exactly :P
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Well, most of the effects you could ever want can be found on your RP150. I'd spend more time with it, and find out which effects on it you find yourself using the most.

Thats what I have, still finding new sounds daily.
btw its kinda hard for me tuning on stage with a handheld tuner.... lol

Perhaps... For years I've been so use to using my guitar with stable locking tuners that I forget about little things like that being a problem; I just tune my guitar, lock it, and it stays in tune forever lol...

I guess in your case, a tuner pedal would be beneficial.
Quote by henry b
Thats what I have, still finding new sounds daily.

it would take forever to program all the effects in the order i needed them for performance though haha...and trust me...thats a pain in the arse...
Last edited by AJS19 at May 8, 2008,