My fellow UG'ers, today I have made a decision that will change my life forever. After much soul searching, I have decided to do the unthinkable: Give Up Tim Hortons.

No coffee (Im on 3 a day, down from 5), no donuts, no anything from the building. Those not of my homeland may see this as no big deal, but to my people this place can be as addictive as heroin, with similar withdrawl symptoms. It is Canadian Crack.
There will be outbursts at friends and family, shakes, sweats, and possibly the urge to kill for a Double Double. What makes this such a task is that I'm not only losing a main provider of sustenance, but also an old friend.

I've spent many nights within that store, both sober and intoxicated. Many memories grace those walls and an impression of myself will always be embedded in those booths. I've met and lost friends here and have will have to fight hard to keep myslef on the wagon. With over 1500 Tim Hortons in my province, I will always be tempted, but I will try my best to drop this demon.

Anyone else on UG try to kick their caffeine habits and succeed?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
I'm currently trying to stop drinking Coca Cola products and .. I'm failing ahahha. Caffeine and sugar are a killer good luck man!
I don't like coffee
does that count?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ultradogfromhel
wasn't tim Horton a hockey player?

Yes he was, played for the leafs if im not mistaken.
Tim Horton played for Leafs, Rangers, Penguins, and I think maybe the Sabres.
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
I got pancreatitis and coincidentally one of the things I had to do was stop drinking pepsi/coke because they hurt my stomach. I was drinking 1-2 cans a day for about 3-4 years before I got the disease (this was in no way related to the pancreatitis). I then got out of the hospital and didn't drink coke/pepsi for about 5 months, but now my stomach's fine and i'm drinking soda again daily, as well as smoking hookah/cigarettes again on a regular basis (not really going crazy with either one though).

I MIGHT go back to drinking a beer or two every week or two, but that's a BIG maybe since it's what caused my pancreatitis in the first place.

I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms or anything from the caffeine or cigarettes. It shouldn't be hard at all to kick a caffeine habit (I don't drink coffee, so maybe it's harder with coffee compared to coke?)
its just so damn convienient....theyre everywhere !!!!
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
I use to drink a lot of pop every day, but I quit doing that.

Now I drink tea, it helped me not drink pop and it also taste great.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by frottage
what's Tim Hortons?

They don't have them around you? It's only the best coffee place ever, aside from Dunkin' Donuts.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Quote by yellowshirtguy
I use to drink a lot of pop every day, but I quit doing that.

Now I drink tea, it helped me not drink pop and it also taste great.

As far as caffeine goes, tea's got soda beat.
Quote by unknownpunkrock
Dude not Tim's noooooooooooooo
Just go with the iced capp

Meh, I never liked those really. Too expensive for not much. Besides, it'd just be a gateway product. I need to give up everything there or I'll be too tempted. This whole thing makes me sound like sugar junkie, but it was walking to Tim Hortons all the time that helped me lose 50lbs.
Quote by richwatkinson

TheDudeBox
Quote by ultradogfromhel
wasn't tim Horton a hockey player?

Psh. You're thinking of Stan Mikita.

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I thought this was gonna be an attempt at kicking choking the dolphin... anyways I ya caffeine sucks...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
lol im not looking for one, but with all the talk about doing round here i was half expecting it to be about it.... and to relate to topic somewhat i had a friend kick a smoking habit last year... so its got to be possible...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i did kick my caffeine habit...

...by switching over to cocaine

pfft sounds like you made out better . even tho that yayo will keep the bank low even more so than a five dollar cup of joe.

but hell, i would take a five dollar line over a five dollar cup of coffee anyday, everyday.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"