Alright I think I found the next pedal I wanted to make, pretty simple...

http://runoffgroove.com/multiface.html

but as you can see on the bottom there are a lot of different changes you can make to the circuit to change the sound...

But what I thought would be cool, would be to make kind of a treble boost switch... which is what I would use from the may queen II settings... and I'm pretty sure its from the J201 transistor... someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Basically I would want a switch that was switched one way it would use the 2N5088 transistor and switched the other way and it would use the J201 transistor...

but I can't think of how to wire this without screwing up the circuit or attaching something that would lead to ground....
meh if anyone knows an easy solution to this that would be great
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Ah lame....make it using germs. Then is will be + ground most likely then hookup a smokin Range Master with a vintage OC44. It also operates on + ground so it would be perfect.

For a bass cut "treble boost" play with the input cap. For example the Fuzz Face uses a 2.2mF input cap. A 0.047mF sounds great.

Just use a DPDT or SPDT to make the cap switchable.

I still think a whole seperate booster circuit would be better...Come on boosters are simple and easy to build.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
meh if anyone knows an easy solution to this that would be great
Dead simple solution:

You see how your gain control is connected through a 22uF cap?
Add a second control for treble boost just like that, BUT
make the cap small, maybe .1uF or .022uF.
larger values will allow lower the frequencies to get boosted.
Of course at the maximum setting of the gain control, you won't get any boost on the treble. But meh, this is so freaking easy, who cares?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
not a bad idea on both...

but adding a booster to the circuit would be pretty badass.... even something simple like a LPB1 on the circuit would work pretty well...

and using a cap to eq the frequencies would also be a good idea... thanks!
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
not familiar with the rangemaster you got a schematic or something online?

and I was thinking, if I was gonna change a cap for a boost, wouldn't I want to do it in the booster?

the first capacitor in the LPB is a .1 uf
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_cb1_sc.pdf

I was thinking about using an spdt switch, and making it switchable between a .0047 uf and the .1 uf. Shouldn't this work decently well?

and I am now planing on putting the booster and the fuzz in the same pedal... why not? sounds like a cool idea. I plan on wiring the two circuits up together, and adding another spdt so I can bypass the booster If I want to...

and one last thing. Right now i am planning on wiring so you have the input -> fuzz -> then booster. Or should the booster go before the fuzz?

I use an eq pedal in my effects line which basically acts like a booster and it sounds pretty good and I guess the amps distortion and such is in the signal already, but in the pedal chain should I arrage them the other way?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
so you mean to have 2 3pdt switches on the same unclosure? meh it would work just need to shell out a few more bucks for the extra switch...

but wouldnt a treble boost to the booster make more of a difference to the sound?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
well its not your money thats being spent...and I said I would and that it would just be an extra few bucks... so I agreed with you and that makes me cheap? lol

and anyways its not a treble booster, its just a booster, but i'm making a switch to change one of the caps. But originally I was just going to change one of the caps on the fuzz pedal to get the sound I wanted if you read the posts above...

So my question was would making a 'treble boost' switch on the fuzz or booster make more of a difference... but saying treble booster before the fuzz answered that so thanks hah
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
yea thats what i'm pretty sure that I'm gonna do. Except im gonna use the range blaster
http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/rangemaster.php
theres a schematic for it... I was also thinking about changing the input cap to like a .1 uf, and the .005 (or .0047) and have them wired to an SPDT switch so I can switch on the treble or choose not to have it.

that was with the npn transistor I can use the same power supple as the fuzz face is going to use. And I use a power brick, I probably won't even put a 9 volt battery harness in there.

I will probably get most of my stuff from http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/. they have some really good prices, and some really good enclosures. But they dont have things like some of the germanium transistors I need, or a 10k trim pot... so i'm gonna have to find a second place to order from...

http://www.smallbearelec.com has all the other parts except for one of the transistors... but I would really rather cut it down to ordering from two different places instead of three. So if anyone else knows a place I can order stuff from lemme know haha

as always thanks
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
DOnt use a Rangeblaster....

It dosent sound as good and plus its - ground. A FF is + ground. A Rangemaster is + ground.

.1mF will be took big of an input cap. Use 0.0047mF and 0.01mF - 0.015mF.
isnt a negative ground what you would usually use though?

the fuzz i'm making uses a negative ground like most of the circuits and pedal i've seen. If I use a positive ground wouldn't that make making them in the same enclosure and using the same power supply be a pain?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
so sorry for all the posts and questions, but to do that I would just switch around all of the polarized caps, and change the transistor from a pnp to a NPN right? or is it more complicated then that

and just outa curiousity what kinda germanium transistor did you use?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
so sorry for all the posts and questions, but to do that I would just switch around all of the polarized caps, and change the transistor from a pnp to a NPN right? or is it more complicated then that
Diodes, too. And the battery of course.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
thanks for helping me with all my annoying questions. I think I got everything planned out. I just gotta order everything. I'm home for now but after mothers day im going back up to college and i'm gonna start ordering everything definitely let yall know how it turns out.

But if I run into any more problems i'll probably try and bug yall some more haha. but seriously thanks for helping me sort through this I hope it all turns out well.
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
if I do it that way, would I just basically have to reverse my input from my power jack? So instead of connecting the normal positive to the board and the negative for the ground, I would just connect the negative to the board and the positive the the ground?

I guess that makes since... if you go from a lower potential to a higher instead of a higher to lower your still gonna have the same change in potential...
but that would be all that was needed for that right? of course I would also follow the pnp schematic... instead of the npn one duh lol

and usually you connect the negative ground on the battery to the ground on then guitar cable from the input. Could I still do this with a positive ground, would it not affect the rest of the signal with all my other pedals connect using negative ground?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at May 10, 2008,
does it really change the sound?

and the problem with that is that I would end up connecting the positive terminal of the battery with the grounded cable from the guitar and to the amp... Would this not affect all of my other pedals that also connect to the grounded part of the cable but using a negative ground?

it just seems like using different pedals like this and connecting them all to ground might cause some kind of unwanted noise... or would it not make a difference?
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by forsaknazrael
I really don't think polarity has much to with the tone. I'd worry more about how the circuit is biased.

PNP RM transistors sound much better than NPN.