I'm learning Entombment of a Machine by Job For a Cowboy and this riff is giving me a little trouble....I can't play it as cleanly as I'd like...

|--------------------------------------|
|5-4-444---5-4-444----8-7-777---8-7-777|
|5-4-------5-4--------8-7-------8-7----|
 . .       . .        . .       . .

I play it on different frets but that isn't important....I anchor my hand on the body so switching in between is uncomfortable, any suggestions?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
play it slowly and try to get to where you have a middle compromise position where you're able to do both
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Build speed on your tremolo slowly. Don't anchor your hand to the body, you should be able to tremolo/alt pick unanchored much faster once you get used to it.
Gear:
Fender Standard HSS Strat w/ Tone Zone bridge
ESP Ltd EC-1k Black cherry
Carvin DC127 blackburst with Bareknuckle Warpigs
Peavey 6505+
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm learning Entombment of a Machine by Job For a Cowboy and this riff is giving me a little trouble....I can't play it as cleanly as I'd like...

|5-4-444---5-4-444----8-7-777---8-7-777|
|5-4-------5-4--------8-7-------8-7----|
. . . . . . . .

I play it on different frets but that isn't important....I anchor my hand on the body so switching in between is uncomfortable, any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure with the application of some intelligence you could see your question was answered here.