Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
When my parents bought me my first acoustic (some no-name thing), my first electric (Squier Bullet), and my first amp (MG10), I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world, and didn't think I deserved any of it.

Now that my rig consists entirely of stuff I have paid for with my own money and consistently play my heart and soul through, I think I deserve every last bit of it.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Just my PA system. I really don't play out much and so I often don't feel like I deserve it. I'm happy to have one though, it's made the few gigs I've had sound really good!
If my talent matched my gear, I'd be damn good. As it is, I'm a hack with excellent tone.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
If my talent matched my gear, I'd be damn good. As it is, I'm a hack with excellent tone.

I feel like my gear is so much better then i am, but i worked so hard for it, and i practice a **** load.... maybe someday i'll be worth of its awsomeness
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Yeah and no, I feel that Alexi has way too high standards but I just love the guitar and my gear deserves me cuz i bought and i just love the sound
My Gear:
LTD EC-1000 (duncan jb/jazz)
Schecter SLS (EMGs)
ESP Horizon
6505 head
Marshall 1960lead cab
Boss noise gate
maxon od808
boss chorus
boss de-7
Dunlop strings and tortex 1.14s
haha, i feel that way about my drums. since i'm not that good at them. but i paid every cent for them so .. bleh.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
As long as you paid for it, no reason to be ashamed to own it. I wouldn't be ashamed of owning something I know I spent my (not my parents) hard-earned money on.
Never. I practiced and worked my ass off to get what I have. Still working to get what I want!
Gibson.
I don't think my talent matches up to the gear I have, which may not be the greatest but it's a geat rig on a budget.
Quote by slatsmania

+1
Thank you please.
Nah, im a bit rubbish, but the playability and tone of my setup isnt bad for a beginner.

As someone else said though, its my cash, so I guess in that sense I do deserve it.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Yeah, I'm not the best player but I pay for all my own gear and have nothing else to spend my money on so I might as well buy some guitar gear.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
If it would have all been given to me, I might feel differently. But it wasn't, so no.
Nah, I've built up my gear with years worth of research and I think I deserve it I suppose. But, that's not really for me to judge.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I own a Spider 3 and it's better than I am. LOL But that still won't stop me from getting a Krank Jr.
I feel like I dont really deserve my gear. Specially that i got my Super Reverb for free. I play alot but due to school and such i havent been devoting to actual learning as opposed to playing around.
Sometimes, then i realize that i payed for every single bit of it and i feel better.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by guitarnoobie
As long as you paid for it, no reason to be ashamed to own it. I wouldn't be ashamed of owning something I know I spent my (not my parents) hard-earned money on.

I don't really feel that way but I know a few people who have been playing for about a year and have $5,000 worth of stuff and play like poop. I think it's legit if you're wary about the gap between your playing and your gear, it's refreshing that some people realize this.

I find the cliche "American" attitude "As long as you can afford it, you deserve it!" amusing.
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Last edited by zipppy2006 at May 8, 2008,
Quote by rhettro
I own a Spider 3 and it's better than I am. LOL But that still won't stop me from getting a Krank Jr.

good lord...
Quote by slatsmania

I agree with slats, but I worked hard for my gear and paid for it, so I deserve it, be it good or bad gear.
Of course not, I paid every penny towards the gear that I have, I deserve every piece of it. If your talking about whether my skill level warrants the quality of gear I have? Not at all, but I have fun playing and thats all that matters.

Quote by zipppy2006
I don't really feel that way but I know a few people who have been playing for about a year and have $5,000 worth of stuff and play like poop. I think it's legit if you're wary about the gap between your playing and your gear, it's refreshing that some people realize this.

I find the cliche "American" attitude "As long as you can afford it, you deserve it!" amusing.

I'm not American, but I whole-heartedly agree with that statement. Who are you to judge whether someone "deserves" gear based on their skill level? If they spent their good hard earned cash on it then good for them and its none of your business. People need to stop being jealous and go out and work for their gear themselves.
Last edited by david_safc at May 8, 2008,
Don't deserve as in too good for your gear? or it's too good for you?

For me, I definitely need to upgrade.
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by Roc8995
If I can pay for it, I deserve it.
I payed for it.
...works for me.

+1
I worked hard for all my gear, except for my Mojave amp+cab which many of you already know the story about. But I still feel I deserve it, because I would have bought it anyway, just a bit later after saving a while!
I have seen some noob players w/ fairly high-end gear, but I always hope the great tone will inspire them to practice more. I remember my first decent amp, & when I hit those chords & it sounded just like the records. That was THE BEST!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
my daddy bought me my SG. and basically all my pedals. im in college for god's sake. pretty embarrassing.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I paid for all of my kit myself, but I still don't think I deserve it!
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
Quote by slatsmania

Ha, I know what you mean.

It's mainly my amp that makes me feel that the most.

As it stands, I'm an intermediate player with above average tone, and an excellent heart and soul put into it.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I'm an okay, if a bit sloppy, player with a good guitar and a minging amp + MFX.

I feel like my gear pretty much matches my playing level, not my tonal ear though... I hate that fizzy, muddy distortion so bad....
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Sometimes. Then I remember all the indie bands with amazing gear. And I feel happy again.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by sg622
my daddy bought me my SG. and basically all my pedals. im in college for god's sake. pretty embarrassing.

I think you have other things to be embarrased about.
Page 1 of 2