How can i get rid of fret buzzing? It starts at 1 and ends at the 7th fret on every string. And I have a Floyd Rose if that helps at all. Please reply, I need my to get rid of it quick!
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
how do I raise the action?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Truss rod is too tight. Buzzing between the 1st and 7th frets is a classic symptom. It may not be the only thing you need to have done though. If it's not buzzing on open strings as well then the nut is probably too high as well.

I assume it's an RG350DX? My condolences, sir...
There's a sticky in the G&BB forum.
Also, why did you buy an MG? And a half stack also? For shame, Sir!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Your 7th fret is probably a little low. Try loosening the truss rod a quarter turn or so, and raise the action a little. If that doesn't help, it's time to get to the tech to have your fets levelled and re-crowned.

EDIT:
Quote by oneblackened
Also, why did you buy an MG? And a half stack also? For shame, Sir!

Haha agreed - why are you selling a Peavey Transtube and keeping that Marshall rubbish? The Transtube is one of the best solid-state amps ever made. The MG is one of the worst...
Last edited by kyle62 at May 8, 2008,
Quote by kyle62

Haha agreed - why are you selling a Peavey Transtube and keeping that Marshall rubbish? The Transtube is one of the best solid-state amps ever made. The MG is one of the worst...

haha, because I needed a halfstack to play over drums. I'm saving up for a 5150 head though.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484
haha, because I needed a halfstack to play over drums. I'm saving up for a 5150 head though.

we told you to get a VK112, which has more than enough power. IN fact, from my thread about an amp, on the VK112: "it'll knock your drummer over". Loud enough? hellz yes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
we told you to get a VK112, which has more than enough power. IN fact, from my thread about an amp, on the VK112: "it'll knock your drummer over". Loud enough? hellz yes.

yeah well if it's any conselation(wrong spelling i assume) my dad got it for me. So i didnt spend a penny :p

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D