Page 1 of 4
First off, let me clarify that i am not saying he's better or is going to be better than Bruce lee, i'm just saying if anyone is gonna come close it's got to be Tony Jaa. Not Jackie Chan, Jet Li, or anyone else...If you don't agree with me watch this bad ass vid(remember he uses no wires, effects, or cgi, it's all 100% his own ability)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24438596

Now, what do you guys think, yes or no
I really liked his lightbulb kick.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
another win for us asians
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Yeah, I know. I've been saying that for the past year or so. Don't believe me? Watch whatever TS has posted (I haven't watched it yet) and watch Ong Bak and The Protector. Also, watch out for Ong Bak two, it's coming out this year.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
ok, first of all, jackie chan is better than bruce lee was in every way. the only reason bruce lee was so highly regaurded is that no one really broke into the mainstream with martial arts like that.

anyway, yeah this guy is amazing. ive seen both his american movies when they came out. and i saw him at a mavs game do all this crazy ****. i love the way he can walk on peoples shoulders.
gangster.

anyway, i have to say i called it.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Yeah, I know. I've been saying that for the past year or so. Don't believe me? Watch whatever TS has posted (I haven't watched it yet) and watch Ong Bak and The Protector. Also, watch out for Ong Bak two, it's coming out this year.

yeah i've seen both of those. he is really good. i'm gonna agree with ts
that guy is epic
member of ug hatecrew

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
First of all, Bruce Lee is better than Jackie Chan, fact...seriously, I don't know how come people can't recognize that. Also, Jet Li is equal to or greater than Jackie Chan, I haven't decided who is better. Not to say, that I represent everyone, but I think most agree that Bruce is pretty much the best, well known, martial artist. That was to xrawrrockillsxx or whatever his name is.

Secondly, holy **** that vid was awesome. I still can't believe some of the stuff he does! Yes, everything he does is real for you nonbelievers.

Also, what is the name of the song in the video?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
old news, but yah, if you won't say it I will: Tony Jaa is better than Bruce Lee.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
old news, but yah, if you won't say it I will: Tony Jaa is better than Bruce Lee.

He's definitely on his way to surpassing him. We'll see when Ong Bak 2 comes out and when more info on him is released.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by Brandon860

I like how people say so and so is better than so and so without giving any objective reasoning. Or even any reasoning at all.

Bruce Lee will always dominate in terms of popularity. He might not have done crazy flips and such, but he did help to open the world up to martial arts. You can't ever take that away from him.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Lee single handedly brought about the martial arts boom in North America, plus he had lots of great fighting philosophy. Plus he was a better fighter for real, rather than just in movies like Tony Jaa. But it's nice to see Muay Thai in movies, even though Jaa doesn't really do Muay Thai as it actually is.

So no, Tony Jaa is not the next Bruce Lee.
Pfft, I can do that.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by AzureNight
Lee single handedly brought about the martial arts boom in North America, plus he had lots of great fighting philosophy. Plus he was a better fighter for real, rather than just in movies like Tony Jaa. But it's nice to see Muay Thai in movies, even though Jaa doesn't really do Muay Thai as it actually is.

So no, Tony Jaa is not the next Bruce Lee.

Don't make me laugh, Tony Jaa knows more about Muay Thai than you, seeing as how he knows about the ancient MUAY BORAN! Also, I don't know how true this is, but supposedly he plays with his opponents because he hasn't found anyone good enough to fight him in Muay Thai.

Tony Jaa=

Does nobody know that song?
Quote by Senor Kristian
...Okay, I take back what I said about Jackie Chan, watch. My respect for him just shot up a whole lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1AwZN4ZYg
Quote by Senor Kristian
maaan flying knee to knockin a bitch outta a helicopter
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Tony Jaa is a gymnast. Bruce Lee owned Wing Chun.

I used to be big on Muay Thai.
I do that **** everyday.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Ong Bak is one of my favorite fight flicks, great athletic abilities.
Last edited by -Bloo at May 8, 2008,
Nevermind about the song haha, I can't believe I didn't see it.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
...Okay, I take back what I said about Jackie Chan, watch. My respect for him just shot up a whole lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1AwZN4ZYg

hahah, i was about to post this as a reply to what you said.

ive seen a hell of a lot of jackie chan movies. he does a lot of crazy stupid ****.

i mean sure, bruce lee could probably kick his ass, but as an entertaner, stuntman, and overall movie maker, i have to say jackie was better.

and if you base jackie chan on **** like rush hour (the first one wasnt actually too bad.) and the tuxedo, then you are mistaken.

EDIT:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u1cHynIXweE

another one.
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at May 8, 2008,
I'll acknowledge Tony when I see him catch a bullet.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
hahah, i was about to post this as a reply to what you said.

ive seen a hell of a lot of jackie chan movies. he does a lot of crazy stupid ****.

i mean sure, bruce lee could probably kick his ass, but as an entertaner, stuntman, and overall movie maker, i have to say jackie was better.

and if you base jackie chan on **** like rush hour (the first one wasnt actually too bad.) and the tuxedo, then you are mistaken.

EDIT:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u1cHynIXweE

another one.

Hell no! Who Am I? and Rumble in the Bronx kick the **** out of those...except the first rush hour, like you said. Jackie Chan does some stupid **** though, but whatever .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Last edited by The Virtuoso at May 8, 2008,
Quote by The Virtuoso
Hell no, Who Am I? and Rumble in the Bronx kick the **** out of those...except the first rush hour, like you said. Jackie Chan does some stupid **** though, but whatever .

we finally agree.
hah.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

we finally agree.
hah.

Those were some pretty impressive fight scenes in that last vid you posted.

Quote by Senor Kristian
Jet Li and Jackie Chan are great performers, but Bruce Lee had an amazing body capable of some crazy ****. He was bloody fit and had very little body fat. In a real fight, Bruce Lee would kick Tony Jaa, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li's asses, because he wasn't about being pretty with his moves. He would strike with the most efficient move possible.

However, the three modern day martial arts stars are much better performers, because of the evolution of the industry. Although Tony Jaa would be an exception as Muay Thai isn't very pretty either.

Here's a huge list of stuff Bruce Lee achieved that none of us would be capable of pulling off that much in our lifetimes:

Physical feats
Lee's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats. The following list includes some of the physical feats that are documented and supported by reliable sources.

Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.
Lee could spring a 235 lb (107 kg) opponent 15 feet (4.6 metres) away with a 1 inch punch.
Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24fps, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up.
In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.
Lee could perform push ups using only his thumbs
Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.
Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.
Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger
Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.
From a standing position, Lee could hold a 125 lb (57 kg) barbell straight out.
Lee could break wooden boards 6 inches (15 cm) thick.
Lee performed a side kick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150-lb (68 kg) punching bag
Lee could cause a 300-lb (136 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a side kick.
In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso perfectly horizontal midair.
Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened steel cans of Coca-Cola, at a time before cans were made of the softer aluminum metal.
Lee could use one finger to leave dramatic indentations on pine wood.

Jesse Glover - "The power that Lee was capable of instantly generating was absolutely frightening to his fellow martial artists, especially his sparring partners, and his speed was equally intimidating. We timed him with an electric timer once, and Bruce's quickest movements were around five hundredths of a second, his slowest were around eight hundredths. This was punching from a relaxed position with his hands down at his sides from a distance between 18-24 inches. Not only was he amazingly quick, but he could read you too. He could pick up on small subtle things that you were getting ready to do and then he'd just shut you down".

Chuck Norris - "Lee, pound for pound, might well have been one of the strongest men in the world, and certainly one of the quickest".

Herb Jackson - "The biggest problem in designing equipment for Bruce was that he'd go through it so damn fast. I had to reinforce his wooden dummy with automobile parts so he could train on it without breaking it. I had started to build him a mobile dummy that could actually attack and retreat to better simulate "Live" combat, sadly Bruce died before the machine was built. It would have been strung up by big high-tension cables that I was going to connect between two posts, one on either side of his backyard. The reason for the machine was simply because no one could stand up to his full force punches and kicks, Bruce's strength and skill had evolved to point where he had to fight machines. Bruce was very interested in strength training, you could say that he was obsessed with it".

James Coburn - "Bruce and I were training out on my patio one day, we were using this giant bag for side kicks, I guess it weighed about 150lbs. Bruce looked at it and just went Bang, it shot up out into the lawn about 15ft in the air, it then busted in the middle. It was filled with little bits and pieces of rag, we were picking up bits of rag for months".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Physical_feats
http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/feats.html
Last edited by Flibbertigibbet at May 8, 2008,
Nice but I still don't see him surpassing Bruce. Bruce was one true talent that can never be surpassed.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Avedas
Tony Jaa is a gymnast. Bruce Lee owned Wing Chun.

I used to be big on Muay Thai.

Aye. It's very impressive with all the flips and stuff but they hardly hold up in a fight.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
He sure can throw awkward kicks, I wonder if he makes those stereotypical Bruce Lee sounds when he kicks. "WOTOO!!!" He could make a good actor for these kinds of films though, it seems he's more of a gymnast than a fighter.

That made me want to play DOA 4...
Quote by Kensai
Aye. It's very impressive with all the flips and stuff but they hardly hold up in a fight.

When Harmy has a fight with Bruce, the world will implode
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
When Harmy has a fight with Bruce, the world will implode

The epicness would consume us all

All asians know kung fu, right?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Bruce Lee would win the fight but I find Tony Jaa's movies more entertaining because they are really fun and over the top, Bruce's movies are cool to.
I don't know nearly enough to be able to give an accurate opinion but from the little i've heard Bruce Lee was more of a real fighter rather than an entertainer. Still though it would take great control to do anything these guys do.

The most annoying thing about Bruce Lee though is he did all these amazing feats, but its hard to find good videos of him anywhere.

This video shows Bruce Lee kicking, whilst probably not as impressive as the compilations above, I thought it was pretty crazy how fast he does it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n8pKtULlvw
i was about to post a long reply about bruce lee > god but everyone already knew that.
And i doubt jaa could influence media anywhere near as much as lee did on his own. its just not where the entertainment industry is at right now
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Yeah, he is good. That first scene on Warrior King, where he comes out of no where flying through the air and knees that guy in the chest. That was pretty epic.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Page 1 of 4