The music I am writing at the moment is becoming really strange. It can be labelled as metal. It has songs that usually go for over 8 minutes, combining screams growls and melodic singing. It has clean jazz passages, detuned death metal riffage, melodic pop-punk type chord progressions and classically influenced solos. The lyrics are also really versatile.

Basically it encompasses everything I have ever learned about music. I think it's not bad, but I don't know if many people would enjoy it, perhaps because it's too varied. I guess not many people would want to listen to about 5 different genres in the course of one song.

So would you listen to music like this? Or would it be too varied for your taste?
well, if it's a blend of too many genres, the song might cease to have a cohesive feel behind it imo

on the other hand, i think blending genres is pretty cool so yeah, i'd give it a listen
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
Umm.....have you heard Between the Buried and Me before? They do it flawlessly. Their song "Ants of the Sky" varies from rip-your-face-off metal to beautiful clean passages to a beautiful jazz solo to blues rock to a hoedown. In the same song. Easily one of the best songs ever created.
why not just write 5 different songs instead of trying to cram them all into one? sounds a little excessive. or a lot.

i'd probably give it a listen though.
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
Quote by rcw110131
Umm.....have you heard Between the Buried and Me before? They do it flawlessly. Their song "Ants of the Sky" varies from rip-your-face-off metal to beautiful clean passages to a beautiful jazz solo to blues rock to a hoedown. In the same song. Easily one of the best songs ever created.

yeha true, good song. i havent heard much of their stuff otherwise
Quote by rcw110131

That song was awesome live last night.

Three does stuff similar to that, too, but more on the funky side.
Quote by rcw110131

Precisely what came to mind for me. Or the laughing weirdness in "Sun of Nothing"
And I have like all of their cd's, so yeah, I'd listen to it for sure.
Quote by Avedas
That song was awesome live last night.

Three does stuff similar to that, too, but more on the funky side.

DUDE. I'm going on the 20th. What was their set list like?
Yes please...I'm VERY interested. PM me ASAP please...I'll give you my email.
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
I like weird but i don't really like metal so i probably wouldn't like it. I'd give it a listen though.

Do parts of the song actually go into different genres completly or is it influenced by different genres then occasionally going into clean bridges etc, because quite a lot of bands do that.