I have a tons of gear for gigging and ect but I'm looking for just a combo amp to stick in my room to practice on. My budget is $300. I'm looking for an amp with maybe a couple effects but reverb is a must. I play Metal Jazz and blues music. If anyone has a combo amp that they just love and sounds pretty good please speak up. I'm a fan of what 2x10 look like but I'm not sure if that would be within my price range. I was thinking about getting a vox but i've never played one so I'm not sure if that would be the right decision. Thanks!
For $300 AND that much flexibility, modeling would probably be the way to go. Roland Cube? Vox AD series? Roland's supposedly better hi-gain, and the opposite for the vj. The cleans on the Roland, though... wow. I was impressed. Modeled on the JC.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
i have the cube 30 it is alright while it lasted (made a loud pop noise and stopped working)

if you're looking for effects and good metal tones, the Roland Cube is indeed a very good practice amp. Depending on how much you're into blues and jazz though, I might reccomend that you look at getting a small tube amp. The Fender Blues Jr is a 15 watt amp that's right in your price range. It's really good at jazz and blues tones.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke