First off, I was wondering if replacing the speakers in my valveking 212 would be worth doing. I want a metal/metalcore/post-hardcore sound, and was thinking of putting some Celestion 30s in. Just wondering if i'd notice a huge difference or not.

The other thing is that I want to get a 2nd guitar so I can leave one in drop C tuning, and leave another standard tuning... i guess this is a 2 part question actually: Any suggestions for a 2nd guitar in the 500ish range, and would I be better of dropping my Hellraiser to C, or the 2nd guitar? The Hellraiser sounds great to me in either tuning, so I guess i'm trying to figure out if I should be buying my next guitar for standard or darker tones, if you get my meaning.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 212
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
I've heard that the Valvekings can often do with new speakers and tubes. Are you looking for a guitar with a tremelo? I'm assuming they're both being used for metal.

not particularly... i was looking at the Floyd Rose version of the Hellraiser, but I'm really not at the stage where I can do dive bombs and junk, so I decided I probably just didn't need tremolo right now. I'm still pretty new to guitar, and learning... And I know it seems like this is all a bit much for someone still getting into guitar, but I know that if I have junk, I won't play it :P
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 212
Quote by reachthesky
not particularly... i was looking at the Floyd Rose version of the Hellraiser, but I'm really not at the stage where I can do dive bombs and junk, so I decided I probably just didn't need tremolo right now. I'm still pretty new to guitar, and learning... And I know it seems like this is all a bit much for someone still getting into guitar, but I know that if I have junk, I won't play it :P

There are some good Ibanez hard-tails in that range, the Epiphone Prophecies, another Schecter. That's all I can think of right now.
I was looking at maybe a Tempest Custom. I was also looking at some Jacksons, but not sure which would fit the bill.

Anybody know what type of tubes would be best suited for my type of music?
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 212