so i gotta do my speech tomorrow and i got given the whole 'be yourself' speech.

i need some examples of people who have made it being themselves
any number of artists or musicians that have any semblance of originality, "made it being themselves" pick one.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
yea, but i thoght the pit could help me make the decision on which musicians or artists.
The Beatles man! have you ever seen their documentaries? they used to moque everybody and didnt care about anyone!
Also, controversial as it may listen, Tim Burton, the director. he kept going even when his first movies where condemned.
Woody Allen is also a great example. though the guy probably has multiple himselves...
Quote by Tster
yea, but i thoght the pit could help me make the decision on which musicians or artists.

being yourself means doing things your own way and not taking the route travelled by everyone else.

AKA
Do you own god damn work
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
believe it or not Guns N' Roses would fit this, they where in hollywood around the time of Glam Metal, they didn't join the leagues of others and did there own thing.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Danzig.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by civildp1
being yourself means doing things your own way and not taking the route travelled by everyone else.

AKA
Do you own god damn work

I wouldn't normally look for help but i left it too the last minute and yeah thats my fault but i'm trying to correct it now. Just need one more example.

Btw, would Jim Carrey be good to do? i'm looking at him on wikipedia and nothing there really says that.
Quote by civildp1

AKA
Do you own god damn work

Quote by KenMasters
GG Allen is also a great example..

Fix'd

How about Iggy Pop or the Sex Pistols? The punk movement was all about being yourself no matter how loud and obnoxious that was.

And if you're in the good old US of A you could make it political and talk about how Russ Feingold is absolutely bomb for being the only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz

How about Iggy Pop or the Sex Pistols? The punk movement was all about being yourself no matter how loud and obnoxious that was.

And if you're in the good old US of A you could make it political and talk about how Russ Feingold is absolutely bomb for being the only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act.

Man, the pistols where a great lie! its all there in the great R'n'R swindle!
Dont use em! Use the Clash instead! The guys kept fighting their label for their believes in order to low their album's prices! Sandinista came out as a double disc in the price of a single!
Quote by KenMasters
Man, the pistols where a great lie! its all there in the great R'n'R swindle!
Dont use em! Use the Clash instead! The guys kept fighting their label for their believes in order to low their album's prices! Sandinista came out as a double disc in the price of a single!

The Damned win over both (oh also, Sandinista was a triple album).
Quote by civildp1
The Damned win over both (oh also, Sandinista was a triple album).

yeah but it was the Clash that wrote I'm so bored with the USA and made it to America! hah! they also wrote white riot in days of political conservation in England.
And what about Rock the Casbah and Bankrobber huh? huh?