Poll: South Park?
Poll Options
View poll results: South Park?
Great!
128 93%
Lame!
10 7%
Voters: 138.
I was thinking about it, and who here enjoys south park? All my friends are crazy about it, except for one or two, (and me). I don't want to sound condesending (which isn't likely, considering I don't think I spelt it right ) but it seems like very lame and crude humor. Discussion?
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
I Don't think its lame or crude at all except sometimes when they make fun of famous celebs and take it overboard. But i love South Park, i think the creators are genius.
Ehh, I don't mind it, although I wouldn't make a special effort to watch it.
TRANSFORMICE

It's something you really have to understand, while the jokes are kinda immature and on the level of toilet humor most of the time you have to extract the message / satire the are poking fun at.

I have to say I enjoyed it when I was younger a lot more than I do now. The new episodes aren't as amazing as the old ones though.
i love south park, especially the social commentary that they put into their humor, i like it for the dirty rudeness of the characters and swear, i love it for the social issues that they point out.

that's probably why it attracts both kids and adults
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
its only good when theres a really good episode if i dont like the plot its really **** for me
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
Sometimes it is pure genius and sometimes it is very average. New South Park is basically (to quote someone who i am unsure of) *insert pop culture reference* Let's highlight how funny this is by itself.

ABout the crudeness, hasn't the purpose of animated shows pretty much always been to push the boundaries of controversy ever since the Simpsons first emerged?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I don't like South Park, and never have. I can't believe they're still making that crap after eleven years.
i love it so much i download it as soon as they show it in america.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
I love it, especially since it's animated with Flash! I love the newer epidodes (Season 7 and up), but I hate the old ones.
Quote by donkey the wise
I was thinking about it, and who here enjoys south park? All my friends are crazy about it, except for one or two, (and me). I don't want to sound condesending (which isn't likely, considering I don't think I spelt it right ) but it seems like very lame and crude humor. Discussion?

Fair enough if you don't like it, i can see why alot of people wouldnt. But it most certainly is not crude humour, alot of it is actually incredibly incisive social critique. The entire point of it is that it laughs at things that are considered "taboo" and backs it up with the idea that surely if it makes a person laugh it must be a positive thing. If some-one believes themselves to be a "victim" (be it ethnically divergent people, gays, adults, kids, terrorists, religious people whatever) of that humour then it is their own fault, not the fault of the person laughing.

If you think i'm just talking out my arse go watch the episodes cartoon wars 1 + 2 and timmy 2000 and you'll see what im getting at.

However, if you dont like it just coz you dont find it funny, then i can understand entirely. Personally, i hate Fraiser i know some of it is very clever and everything but it just annoys the **** out of me
Last edited by Atreideslegend at May 8, 2008,
I Love South Park!!!!!

It's the only animated show that entertains me enough to watch every episode. Although, the new episodes aren't as pure gold like the classics.
"Time doesn't exist here, we will never die."

-Celldweller
Quote by Atreideslegend
Personally, i hate Fraiser i know some of it is very clever and everything but it just annoys the **** out of me

Frasier is awesome! I'd go on a rant about how good it is but I've been trying to be gracious about other peoples opinions lately
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
I used to find it hilarious when i was eight and had just started watching the old episodes. Then it went a bit downhill, but pulled itself back up by series four. The newer ones are better though, and i thought cartoon wars put it all in perspective.
Im wearing a south park t-shirt now
So what you're a retard, but without people like you in the world i wouldn't feel so good about myself.
It's too censored nowadays..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I am the 69th person to vote Great. I declare that this thread need not continue.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
I think a lot of the ideas in south park go unnoticed by the majority of viewers, which is a shame, Matt and Trey are very clever guys.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
South Park is amazing, not so much lately, this recent seaons kinda sucked. Their last amazing episode was the one making fun of 24. The ones before season 10 are all amazing. People need to realize that alot of the episodes actually touch upon very serious issues.
How else are we supposed to know what to think and like?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
it`s ****ing stupid.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Your first mistake was getting a Chinese lady to cut your hair.

Your second mistake was getting someone who doesn't speak English to cut your hair.

Your third mistake was listening to your dicklock parents.

There should be a “it’s ok” option for the poll… it’s not the greatest, but it still isn’t lame…
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
South Park is great, I've been watching since season 4. If when you watch South Park all you see is toilet humour, than it's way over your head.

The good episodes are when they can tackle a serious issue, but still keep all the characters 'in character'. The relation between so many of the characters are so well defined that pretty much anything they do together can be funny, like Cartman and Butters, Cartman and Kyle, Kyle & Stan against the towns adults etc.

And sometimes some episodes are on a plain silly non-social/non-political plot, but they're still funny. Just not as 'smart' as some of the great ones.

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I love it, especially since it's animated with Flash!

Actually made with Maya
South Park is a satirical cartoon, with a healthy dose of toilet humour thrown into the mix.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
The newer season was okay, but not as awesome as previous ones. I personally love the WOW and Guitar Hero episodes.
South park is great because it takes the piss out of everything!

I think the writers are jewish and they take the piss out of themselves more than anything else, for example, cartman rippin on kyle all the time coz hes a jew!

To enjoy it, dont take it seriously, it might seem racist or predjudice at times but it hits the nail on the head a lot of the time because thats the way the world is, only south park takes to the extremes!

Thats what makes it great in my opinion, its not afraid to hold back!
I play so much guitar, I can never watch TV.
But last night, I took a break and watched TV for 30 minutes.

It was the South Park where Cartman gave Kyle AIDS.
They went to see Magic Johnson looking for a cure.
His bedroom full of cash was the cure.

Guess poor people cant get cured.

I like the show.