I need a good multi-effects pedal that's simple, yet sounds great (not digital sounding and all, you know what I mean). From researching I found these:
1. Boss ME-50
and
2. Korg AX3000G

Anyone have any suggestions, comments?

I don't need a lot effects and features. Just some good distortions, overdrive, cleans, chorus, wah, compression, noise gate..I don't think I need tremolo, phaser, flanger, those kind of things. I don't need to plug into a computer or anything either, so I just need a simple unit. But I need it to sound good as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by penguinsarecool at May 9, 2008,
Boss GT-8 would probably be the best choice. It has tons of effects and functions but they all sound really good, and it's designed for professional use so it's very reliable. It's very similar in quality to the ME-50, but it's updated so there are things like better tracking on the pitch-shifters. It's a bit harder to use but once you work your way around it it's worth it.

If you do want just a good simple processor though, the ME-50 is probably the way to go. It has an excellent range of effects and functions, especially for its size. It also sounds very good, especially seeing as it's several years old now. But I would personally get the GT-8 just to future-proof myself, though that's a personal preference.
I LOVE my ME-50

I had some Korg Toneworks pedal (old thing cant remember the model) that i had before it, and it was crap to be honest. Although it was a low end model and im sure Korg have much improved things since then..

Im concidering keeping it (My ME-50) when im building my new pedalboard in the near future..
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
Last edited by Tom!! at May 8, 2008,
thanks for the replies! I will be getting a Peavey Triple XXX 40 Combo to go with my PRS SE Standard, would the ME 50 be okay with all that? I was thinking, a bad Multieffects pedal would just make it sound worse. I've read good reviews about that ME 50, it's just, some of those guys had cheapish guitars and Marshall MG15's so I'm kinda doubting whether these reviewers actually know what good sound is. XD (not that I really know =p)
Any comments?
Well you can see the kind of gear im using in my sig...

I honestly prefer the Lead channel on my amp over the Overdrives on the ME-50.

I just use the ME-50's OD/DS section for a solo boost instead.

The Mods and Delays on it are Verryy good on it though!!
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
that's exactly what I want to hear! The amp I'm getting already has the distortion I need. I just need chorus, delays, and good crunch/blues tones.
dammit. The ax3000g is 5 times as better as the me-50.
I have had mine for a year and still finding new things to do with it.
It takes a while for it to sound good, tweaking.
But i now use mine live, in the studio and just for practise.
Quote by turbulenced
dammit. The ax3000g is 5 times as better as the me-50.
I have had mine for a year and still finding new things to do with it.
It takes a while for it to sound good, tweaking.
But i now use mine live, in the studio and just for practise.

you're talking about the ax3000g right?
have you actually tried the me 50?
I still am not sure though what to get..
thanks for the help though.

Anyone else have suggestions, comments?
Keep in mind that you can run a Korg directly into a PA system (good for on the fly) but the ME-50 will sound very tinny direct. The Korg is an amp/effect modeler, and the Boss is just an effect modeler.
I'll go for Korg AX3000G. It has a nice tone for its price. $199 only.