I deleted the other thread since I don't think the first post was exactly what I wanted to ask. But here's the question, I want to make music and basically need a program that is both user-friendly and very functional. I wanted to know what was the best program with the balance of both and good for an independent musician?

I'm pretty tech savvy and pick up on programs pretty easily, so yeah. Influences include NiN & Tool.
Protools is industry standard.

But I use Audition and it does everything I need. I've talked to Audio Engineers and they say that the real reason to get ProTools is to get the extras with it. So Audition's just as good.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I think Samplitude is way underrated, and Pro Tools is way overrated. Cubase lies somewhere in the middle

All of those programs have a bit of a steep learning curve though, and are pretty expensive for a home user to boot.

There's a streamlined and cheap version of Samplitude available called Music Studio that offers an incredible amount of freedom and flexibility for its price, might be worth having a look at:

http://www.magix.com/us/music-studio/detail/
So these programs come with extra effects as well as some addable drumming/piano other instruments?
To do that FL Studio's helps. BUT! Two add those isntruments use Guitar Pro. I hope you know how to play piano if you're adding it.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
For drums you should use FruityLoop Studio (FL Studio).

But once again that comes with a learning curve.
Cool... oh and some more info on what I'll be doing. I'm basically going to be making and mixing all the tracks and making my songs. I'm a guitar player, although I can play other instruments such as piano and drums. I don't have a piano or drum set which is why I need that as well... I plan to make NiN-like music to begin with, but also some other types of music I want to make are Tool and Lamb Of God type music... so yeah if that helps as to what my goals are and what I need.
Quote by Nikon87
Cool... oh and some more info on what I'll be doing. I'm basically going to be making and mixing all the tracks and making my songs. I'm a guitar player, although I can play other instruments such as piano and drums. I don't have a piano or drum set which is why I need that as well... I plan to make NiN-like music to begin with, but also some other types of music I want to make are Tool and Lamb Of God type music... so yeah if that helps as to what my goals are and what I need.

Pretty much all music programs geared mostly towards hobbyists (Fruity Loops, Music Studio, Reason, Garage Band...) have a set of factory-preset samples for drums, keys, synths, etc.

Most of these progs have tryout versions, why don't you just download those and see which one suits you best?