i have an Ibanez RG321MH, which is a thru neck Ibanez. it has 1 master volume and 1 master tone knob. first off can an EMG 81 do single coil tap? second off if it can, i am going to leave the neck pickup (IBZ inf4) pickup in the guitar, is it possible to change the wiring so that the master tone and master volume only control the neck pickup and i install the tone and volume pickup that come with the EMG-81? and thirdly is it possible to route body set up for a thru-neck so i can install a floyd rose tremolo?

thanks.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

did i say neck through whoops my bad i meant through body :S. so can i do all that stuff?
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

you cant mix active with passive
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
The RG321 is a bolt neck guitar. I think what you're referring to is where the strings are strung through the body. You CAN route it for a Floyd, but it would cost more than the guitar itself to get it done, not including the cost of the Floyd itself.

You CAN mix active with passive, but you have to replace your 3 way selector with a two way selector so that it only selects the bridge alone or the neck alone. You can't have them on the same circuit or they'll short out. Otherwise, what you want to do sounds feasible.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
The RG321 is a bolt neck guitar. I think what you're referring to is where the strings are strung through the body. You CAN route it for a Floyd, but it would cost more than the guitar itself to get it done, not including the cost of the Floyd itself.

You CAN mix active with passive, but you have to replace your 3 way selector with a two way selector so that it only selects the bridge alone or the neck alone. You can't have them on the same circuit or they'll short out. Otherwise, what you want to do sounds feasible.

A million percent correct.
Except I believe that you can use passives and actives together if you A) have separate pots for both, or B) use a preamp to boost the passive to the level of an active.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club