I noticed that Devildriver aren't mentioned in the 'recommendation' or the 'thinking about posting...Trivium...' threads.

Are you guys gonna pile them in with the NWOAHM group just because they're famous and American (Don't mention Nu Metal either, because of Dez's connections). Or are you gonna give them a place in one of the Metal sub-genres (Even though nobody knows where they fit in).

What do you guys think?
I don't have a sig
They don't fit in any particular subgenre... but they sound (recent work) like groove metal with a tad of melodic death metal.
So yeah, DevilDriver is right to be in the Methul forum.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I like the groove metal thing.

The way the mods like Machine Head even though they are metalcore so they give them their own sub-genre (with Pantera, respectively).
I don't have a sig
Ugh
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by mortiis999
I meantion Nu metal cos of how the vocals sound, not cos of what band he may have been in.

Well I don't know what Nu metal you've been listening to???

Oh wait... 'Linkin Parn- Numb' does bear some resemblance to 'DevilDriver- Tirades of Truth'
I don't have a sig
Yeah cos there's alot of rapping in DevilDrivers music!

What the **** does teen angst have to do with it anyway???

Since when has Dez reminded you of a teenager? He's like 40
I don't have a sig
Quote by Aaron-Maiden
I like the groove metal thing.

The way the mods like Machine Head even though they are metalcore so they give them their own sub-genre (with Pantera, respectively).

Metalcore, oh dear. MH = Grove metal, nothing metal core about them
Jackson DK6
Epiphone Gothic Explorer
Washburn X Series
Randall R50TC
Peavy 100 watt solid state Amp(Early 1990s no idea on model)
Digitech Black 13
Digitech Death Metal
Boss Digital Delay, Noise Gate, Floor Tuner and Phaser
I see where you're coming from, but if you directly compare DevilDriver to Nu Metal, who would say '****, they sound alike!'

It would be like saying Bodom sound Emo because of the screaming. Unfathomable!
I don't have a sig
Some of DD's early stuff was a bit nu-metalish, but their latest is pretty much solid groove.

Oh, and LOL at the suggestion that MH are metalcore.
I thought Children Of Bodom sounded kind of metalcore before I found a long thread on them in the metal forum.

I think metalcore is just a term used for metal that some metal fans don't like.
Quote by Thebiz
I thought Children Of Bodom sounded kind of metalcore before I found a long thread on them in the metal forum.

I think metalcore is just a term used for metal that some metal fans don't like.

Shut up.

Anyway
-checks list of banned bands-
-notices DevilDriver isn't on it-
Huh....whatta ya know....

Good live band. Massive circle pit and no hXc kiddies when I saw em.
Sorry, let me rephrase that: their newer stuff (Are You Dead Yet? & Blooddrunk) sounded -coreish to me.
Quote by Magero
Sorry, let me reprase that:

Shut up

Sorry, let me rephrase that:

*reported for harassment*

Don't get your panties in a wad over someone whose opinion is different than yours over the internet in a public forum.
Claiming metalcore isn't a real genre is retarded. Flat out retarded.

Claiming you think something sounds coreish is fine. That's an opinion. I think you're wrong, whatever.

Claiming that metalcore is just a genre invented by "tr00 metal fans" who hate a certain sound is stupid.
Quote by Magero
Claiming metalcore isn't a real genre is retarded. Flat out retarded.

Claiming you think something sounds coreish is fine. That's an opinion. I think you're wrong, whatever.

Claiming that metalcore is just a genre invented by "tr00 metal fans" who hate a certain sound is stupid.

If by metalcore he means bands like KSE then he is somewhat right, as those bands are more like sub - par melodic metal. If he meant Converge and Stampin' Ground (which I highly doubt he did), then he's wrong.
It doesn't matter which bands he's stamping it on. He claims metalcore isn't real. When it is. There's no arguing this fact. It's a valid genre, like death metal or folk metal or black metal.

Next he'll be arguing that blackened death metal is a genre created by black metal heads who hate certain types of black metal.