I've just been told like 5 hours ago that I'm debating tomorrow and I'm doing the rebuttal on my team. =/

And the rules of this debate is kinda screwed up, where they tell us the topic bout an hour before the actual debate and then tell you if you're proposing or opposing.

I'm really clueless as to what I can do to prepare or do anything about the debate before tomorrow besides stare at the computer mindlessly and hopefully go brain dead.

Any suggestions?
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
What's the debate about?

Read the post?

You silly child.

Best bet is to read up on abortion, that's what 99% of "random" topics for debates are, anyway.
Whenever I'm in a debate I know **** about, I just listen very, very well to my opponent, and say why he sucks.
Apart from creating a time machine and going to the future to see.. I don't there's to much you can do.. Just get some rest and not worry about it I guess.
well, the idea of a debate is to see 2 different points of view, so practice saying 'i disagree' in such an assertive way that no one asks you why
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
You've just got to find the little holes that undermine his argument, and make them seem like a really big thing, so everyone thinks his argument is a lot worse than it actually is.
Quote by Scarletti
haha.. Giv me an example. I tell my opponent he sux in a very respectable tone, and manner, in front of the whole school. hahha XP

No. It's more like...
Odds are you know at least something about the topic, considering it's not meant to be impossible. If you can't find your own facts, listen to your opponent's.
The point is to be good at debating, especially professionally, the subject matter is almost an afterthought. That's why you're not being given much time to 'prepare'.

It is to provoke your ability, or lack there-of, to analyse what has been said and most often more importantly, how it was said and provide a counter-arguement. If you are good at it the subject material should be irrelevant.

And as a word of advice, don't bring yourself down to smear campaigns like some guys have suggested. It makes you no better than the morally corrupt, puppets we have as politicians these days. Credit yourself with intelligence

EDIT: Having fun at work, can you tell??
Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Read the post?

You silly child.

Best bet is to read up on abortion, that's what 99% of "random" topics for debates are, anyway.

Skim reading ftl
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
What's the debate about?

If it weren't for the TS making it clear, I would have said a maths debate.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by syk3d
If it weren't for the TS making it clear, I would have said a maths debate.

grrr, u gay, i wanted to make that joke!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Just watch any political debate and you'll be fine.

Politicians talking about something they've only known about an hour before and each try to mimic what each other are saying in a different way.
Just try to pick the opponent's logic apart if you can, and don't say anything if you can't back it up somehow.