Poll: What should I do??
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I do??
Ceriatone Clone Plexi50 1987 Lead
6 43%
Ceriatone Clone JCM 800 2204
7 50%
Don't get a Ceriatone, they're not that good!
1 7%
Voters: 14.
Hey UG,

I'm looking into buying a new amp in the very near future and have come to a crossroads. I really want Marshall tone, but don't like any of the newer amps they have on the market. The tone I'm looking for is most likely going to come from either a Plexi or JCM 800 2204. My question is, if I'm looking for an amp with a good, warm, slightly crunchy sound, should I go for a Plexi head or a JCM head. I've read the Marshall chart and played around a little bit, but I just want to see your opinions on this matter.

Also, I'm thinking(since Marshall no longer makes these amps and those that are available are ancient/pricey) I could get a clone from Ceriatone. From the little research I've done, people seem to love these amps and claim they are as good as the originals! What do you guys think?

Should I go Ceriatone? Which model?

Edit: The tone and sound I'm looking for is a warm overdrive sound. Kind of a Classic Rock-era warmth. Think AC/DC to Eric Clapton/Cream, David Gilmour, but I also need something that can get a little harder(I would probably use an OD to get to high gain territory).
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Last edited by kshelt76 at May 8, 2008,
The ceriatone plexi will do amazing at the music you have listed there.

I've never heard of problems or reliability problems with them so you should be fine
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Ceriatone > ***

Personally if I were looking into a Marshall clone I'd probably jump on the 2204. If you don't need a master volume look at the Trainwreck clones instead. If you're bent on smooth, warm overdrive and need a second channel, the Overtone Special is an absolutely amazing Dumble clone.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Check out the Ceriatone 18 Watt Plexi clone, 50 watts of plexi is really, really, loud.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

The Ceriatone Expression is next on my amp list.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
hi sorry to resurect a dead thread but didn't want to start a new one, couple of questions

1) Can someone please post a link to the mega-marshall thread, marshall chart thing i remember it from years ago but have searched and searched and cant find it

and

2) Does anyone have a link to a list of ceriatone clones saying what they are clones of, I'm looking for a kind of mix between the jcm and tsl tone, with a master volume, so it could be used at bedroom levels as well as gigging, id also like more than one channel, does ceriatone do this? the website can be confusing, I want to know what the amps sound like and there features but most of it's technical stuff.

Cheers!
Plexi 50 all the way!!!!
and **** yeah GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
well thing is I want a decent amount of gain post-hardcore style and I'm not sure if ceriatone do one like that?

My PERFECT tone is this.... http://roccaforteamps.com/sounds/steve_stevens_18w_combo_heavy.mp3

I have a Schecter c-1+ with BKP Rebel Yells, so I have the pups from this clip but theres no way i could strecth to a roccaforte lol, unless someone had a second hand one but who's gonna sell one of them?!
yeh thanks, as regards to the tone im after, im looking at a ceriatone jcm 2204, will it do the stuff im after?
how hard is it to build one yourself?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Whats the difference between the 2203 and 2204?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412