what in you opinion makes bands horrible or lose credibility.

I use to like Bring me The Horizon till I found out Oli Sykes was a real jerk. he told a 15 year old girl to suck his **** at a concert and when she said no he punched her in the face. He also spit in the face of his fans.

I don't promote jerks or guitarist that play like 12 year olds
there's no such thing as a bad band, just bands you/other people don't like!
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by mcfreaki
there's no such thing as a bad band, just bands you/other people don't like!

I disagree with that. Fall Out Boy really is a terrible band.
Quote by sweetlew13

As much as I hate to admit it, they're fairly proficient at what they aim to do, which is producing catchy pop/mainstream songs...

So in a way that one guy up above was right, but not completely. There can be bad bands. The ones who are good excel in all musical aspects where as bad ones can do some things right and do miserably in some things as well

EDIT: I hate Fall Out Boy by the way, I'm just saying this from a realistic point of view.
Last edited by eds1275 at May 8, 2008,
Quote by sweetlew13
they need to learn what punk rock is really like
I don't listen to music to pass moral judgements on the people making the music. I didn't throw out my Kyuss/QotSA/Mondo records because of Nick Oliveri beating up his girlfriend and his soundman.
Quote by smb
I don't listen to music to pass moral judgements on the people making the music. I didn't throw out my Kyuss/QotSA/Mondo records because of Nick Oliveri beating up his girlfriend and his soundman.
so you have no morals. what if he kill someone you are still going to have his music meh...
Quote by Myxer

I use to like Bring me The Horizon till I found out Oli Sykes was a real jerk. he told a 15 year old girl to suck his **** at a concert and when she said no he punched her in the face. He also spit in the face of his fans.

Didn't he piss on a girl in his audience too?
Quote by smb

It should make you think about buying the next album though... There'd be no point in throwing out one you already owned , but it might deter you somewhat from buying another album because you know what kind of a person you would be supporting.
Depends on the genre. I mean, if you're in a pop band and you have no good hooks, then you're a bad pop band.
Unoriginality. Not as in similar sounding songs, but plagiarism. In genre's that have simple theory concepts, the songs will generally be simple and of course there will be songs that have the same sound or chord progression, but as the music get's less mainstream it tends to differ more.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.

This guy.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
who's "this guy"?
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by Myxer

I hate the idea of idolizing rock stars. I will not do it, I don't get autographs and I dont freak out if somebody famous is within 20 feet of me. I do respect musicians and will goto concerts and listen and buy their records, but really I hate people who hold them on these super high pedestals. Any person who tells a 15 year old to suck his dick then hits her is a piece of ****, celebrity or not noone should have ANY respect for a man like this.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by mcfreaki
who's "this guy"?

If you ask those kinds of questions, you might be tempted to listen to him. And it seems he has quite an effect on impressionable minds, and I don't want to take the risk of accidently delivering him a new fan.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill

This guy.

WTF.........

Maybe he did Oli is a Dick
Are you referring to the set he did with the boss JOJ ???
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

Quote by eds1275
It should make you think about buying the next album though... There'd be no point in throwing out one you already owned , but it might deter you somewhat from buying another album because you know what kind of a person you would be supporting.
That's a stupid argument, and I'm surprised anyone thinks this way.
Quote by dannyniceboy
Are you referring to the set he did with the boss JOJ ???

No, I'm referring to his cover of a Daniel Johnston song.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, I'm referring to his cover of a Daniel Johnston song.

Oh because when Bruce Springsteen came to Omaha, he is a big fan of Connors, and since connors is from here they played some songs together.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BVkxO-Szu1I

Thats one of the only videos I could find of it, I dont know about the sound qualitiy because I am at school but yea... not good
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Quote by dannyniceboy
Oh because when Bruce Springsteen came to Omaha, he is a big fan of Connors, and since connors is from here they played some songs together.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BVkxO-Szu1I

Thats one of the only videos I could find of it, I dont know about the sound qualitiy because I am at school but yea... not good

Bare in mind, I'm still upset with the Boss' cover of a Tom Waits song.

Now, my hatefulness has calmed down a little bit lately. Eventually I decided I do like a lot of Elliott Smith and I even like two or three Radiohead albums, which I previously hated. But what Conor did to Devil Town broke my heart. And though a cover of Daniel Johnston that I didn't like wasn't enough to turn me off of the Flaming Lips, TV on the Radio, or Tom Waits.. For some reason, it did make me dislike Bright Eyes even more. There is some kind of irrational disdain for his music inside me, and I don't know where it comes from. Probably because he reminds me of Spiderman 3.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Myxer

They never said they're punk rock.. they call themselves pop.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by smb
That's a stupid argument, and I'm surprised anyone thinks this way.

Tell me how it's stupid. I'm just saying, you're directly funding an asshole, and it might make you think twice about supporting the musician/band.

That doesn't stop me personally, but I'm just saying that it is a valid point for some people.
Well, I pretty much listen to a band regardless of what they do in their off-time. Musical tastes aside the only thing that bothers me about bands is when their members have this long ongoing feud that goes into all their music, and the news as well. Waters-Gilmour, Townshend-Daltrey, Doherty-Barat kind of thing. I just find it really obnoxious, but it wouldn't make me stop listening to them.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by Myxer

Well, seeing as how the original big punk bands, like the Ramones and the Sex Pistols were pretty much the prototype for how to act like a 1990s-Onward pop-punk band.. I think they already learned.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by stradivari310
They never said they're punk rock.. they call themselves pop.
you go read a interview now and dont come back till you do
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, seeing as how the original big punk bands, like the Ramones and the Sex Pistols were pretty much the prototype for how to act like a 1990s-Onward pop-punk band.. I think they already learned.
burn... ouch!!
I have to agree with you.
The sex pistols was the most glorious failure i have ever seen.
Quote by Myxer
so you have no morals. what if he kill someone you are still going to have his music meh...

Well I love Burzum, and Varg is in jail for murder right now. Good music is good music, the people making it can be as ****ty as they want and I'll still enjoy listening to it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Myxer
burn... ouch!!
I have to agree with you.
The sex pistols was the most glorious failure i have ever seen.

I think the term punk is taken way too seriously by extremely pretentious and arrogant people. Like it has some kind of holy attributes to it and some pretty stupid guidelines. Black Flag experienced things like this when they were called hippies for having long hair, and playing slow.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by eds1275
Tell me how it's stupid. I'm just saying, you're directly funding an asshole, and it might make you think twice about supporting the musician/band.

That doesn't stop me personally, but I'm just saying that it is a valid point for some people.
I hope these "some people" know that everyone that makes everything they buy lead a "moral" life, otherwise they're unfairly expecting musicians to be pretty fucking saintly. I buy a product based on the relative merits of that product. Maybe the farmer who grew the wheat that makes the bread I buy spends his earnings on meth and then goes out raping people. Maybe he gives the proceeds to charities to build orphanages in Africa. I just think it makes good toast. Musicians haven't signed up to some higher moral code.
If anything can make a band go "bad", it would probably be an ego....and maybe spoiled food.
Guess what?! YOU should kill yourself!
It would make everyone happy. And by the way, i had sexual intercourse with your mother. She liked it.