Page 1 of 2
Quote by trbiggs619
are they loved or disdained?and is it getting better or worse?

In southern US I'd say most people don't mind them. If they don't speak english then it kind of pisses everyone off, but no one really cares.

Same for latino immigrants.
deppends there are alot of generalisations, ignoratnt people hear muslim and think terry wrist
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
People are people, no matter what they look like or where they're from.

I think everyone is just fine until I get a reason to think otherwise.
Quote by rockergurl09
People are people, no matter what they look like or where they're from.

I think everyone is just fine until I get a reason to think otherwise.

+1

Judging by the usual idiocy on the internet, i was expectring far worse responses
Where have you been? Everyone despises them. Have you seen what the Koran teaches them?

EDIT: Clearly, not "everyone", but a vast majority do...Over here, anyways
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I generally dislike them, because they generaly dislike Americans.
Actually, I dislike a lot of foreigners, because they generalize about Americans.
Not all of us are fat, lazy, stupid slobs.
This account may be a multi, but you can't prove it
:P
Most of them are OK, some of the ones aged about 18-25 are f*cking retarded though - they drink alcopops and make monkey noises.
Quote by Vagabond21
In southern US I'd say most people don't mind them. If they don't speak english then it kind of pisses everyone off, but no one really cares.

Same for latino immigrants.

Same for us Yanks! As long as the speak the lingo, they are ok with us!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by I'mAtSchool
Actually, I dislike a lot of foreigners, because they generalize about Americans.

yes but most of us are.
wow yeah, i'm impressed that somebody hasn't said something idiotic that makes americans look bad by generalizing every middle eastern person to be a terrorist.

as for me i don't have a problem with middle easter people. just terrorists. at i'm not saying terrorists come just from the middle east, they come from everywhere and every nationality.

edit: ha nevermind, now the generalizing starts
Quote by I'mAtSchool

You generalize too much. You used the word 3 times, while complaining about the way foreigners generalize about you, but even that is a generalization.
Quote by rockergurl09
You generalize too much. You used the word 3 times, while complaining about the way foreigners generalize about you, but even that is a generalization.

*blowdarts to the neck*

Edit: Also, I've met plenty of muslims. I can only think of 1 that didn't make me seriously dislike them within a half hour with their extremist views.
This account may be a multi, but you can't prove it
:P
Last edited by I'mAtSchool at May 8, 2008,
I dated an Indian girl who was Muslim. It was incredibly difficult. One thing that I’ve learned is that issues come up from ignorance on both sides. There’s a lot of racism that goes both ways. Her family wouldn’t accept me because of my skin color. Being white, I know the racist remarks towards Muslims, and I don’t agree with them, but I have learned a lot. And for anyone to think the Koran teaches them to kill anyone who’s not Muslim, you’re severely wrong. All religions teach that they’re right, it’s someone’s interpretation that takes it to the level of killing.
i'm in New York, and nobody care's if you're Middle Eastern, and if they do they don't show it. as long as foreigners living in a country speak the language, why dislike them? most Americans realize that just because Middle Easterners look like the terrorists on TV, the actual likelihood of them being one is practically zero.
Quote by I'mAtSchool

people also dislike americans because they dislike other foreigners for being different maybe?

don't judge other people til you have had a good hard look at yourself :\
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by I'mAtSchool

Not all... just most *hides*

In England we feel pretty bitter about them.
A) A lot of them play the system
B) Muslims want their idiotic law introduced here
C) Afghanisdtan effects a lot of people over here and a lot of the insurgents come from here.
D) 7/7
E) Politicians and do-gooders and changing the country for them without thinking about english people first.
F) People jump on the bandwagon because of all the bad publicity about middle easterners and muslims,

In my opinion, I think that we shouldnt be adapting for them, and I wish we could just crack down on all these extremist sects.
But otherwise, I'd judge people about who they are as an individual
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Where have you been? Everyone despises them. Have you seen what the Koran teaches them?

EDIT: Clearly, not "everyone", but a vast majority do...Over here, anyways

Have you ever actually read the Quran?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by condork
Not all... just most *hides*

In England we feel pretty bitter about them.
A) A lot of them play the system
B) Muslims want their idiotic law introduced here
C) Afghanisdtan effects a lot of people over here and a lot of the insurgents come from here.
D) 7/7
E) Politicians and do-gooders and changing the country for them without thinking about english people first.
F) People jump on the bandwagon because of all the bad publicity about middle easterners and muslims,

In my opinion, I think that we shouldnt be adapting for them, and I wish we could just crack down on all these extremist sects.
But otherwise, I'd judge people about who they are as an individual

What he said.

It's only the extremists and hardcore muslims that cause the problem, the normal ones are perfectly fine.
<---- Arab canadian (muslim)

The only arabs who hate americans, are the arabs that appear on TV (Qaida etc.), they represent roughly 0.00001% of all arabs. Extremists represent 0.01%.
Here in canada, Im treated just like everybody else, I dont wear a white robe, I dont have an ugly beard, I dont pray 5 times a week.

Moral : Media really ****ed us up with people like Al-Qaida (now everyone thinks we are followers of Bin-Laden or whatever, when we're actually not.)
I have nothing against those which come into our contry, who speak our language and abide by our rules. Even if they dont speak it at home etc thats fine, but its when they go into shops etc and speak whatever language it is then expect you to understand that it annoys me.

I do not agree with them trying to force the beliefs of the countries they have left on ours. Such things as buying wives (i was once offered £1000 for my gf to be married to a 50 year old guy), disrespecting female employees (one called the manager because he refused to be served by my friend who is female) and other such things. This doesnt just apply to middle eastern though, if anyone seeks imigration here, i expect them to abide to our laws like the rest of us.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Have you ever actually read the Quran?
I think if more people had read it there'd be a lot less ignorance about Islam.
Quote by trbiggs619
are they loved or disdained?and is it getting better or worse?

Among the people I associate with, people from the midle east are thought of as... people from the middle east. And unless we know them personally, they're neither loved nor hated.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by smb

A friend of my little brother was recently spouting off at the mouth about how the Islamic belief tells them to kill all infidels. Ordinarily, I ignore just about everything that comes out of the kid's mouth, because he's a complete and utter moron. But, this one pissed me off because he was announcing racism in the home of a brown (excluding myself, since I seem to be incapable of tanning) family. So, I asked him the same question, whether or not he ever read the Qur'An. And he said he hadn't. So, I started reciting:
"Say, oh unbelievers, I do not serve that which you serve. Nor do you serve Him whom I serve, nor am I going to serve that which you serve, nor are you going to serve him whom I serve. You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion."

But I don't think he got the point. Because he's an idiot, like I said.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill

"Say, oh unbelievers, I do not serve that which you serve. Nor do you serve Him whom I serve, nor am I going to serve that which you serve, nor are you going to serve him whom I serve. You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion."

But I don't think he got the point. Because he's an idiot, like I said.

this should be written in Bold and in a much bigger font in the Qur'an.

Extremists are such retards
Quote by Darkshade666

And yet, if you watch the videos Bin Laden was on, that wasn't really his motivation for doing what he did.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by smb

most people do not have time in their busy lives to learn arabic

but I do agree that the media has given people the wrong idea about what it's all about, but.... what else is new? everyone has an agenda and there are a LOT of ignorant people in the world. surprise!
Banging on a trash can
Quote by BigFatSandwich

but I do agree that the media has given people the wrong idea about what it's all about, but.... what else is new? everyone has an agenda and there are a LOT of ignorant people in the world. surprise!

Um. Its translated into English. But I think people who have certain misconceptions about Islamic beliefs are also the type of people who have trouble grasping their own language.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Darkshade666

+1

My girlfriend was brought up to be racist and xenophobic, and it disgusts me. I was offered a Book of Mormon on the street, which I took because I'd never been taught anything about Mormons, and her mother told me I wasn't allowed to read it in her house, and that I'd better not believe anything in it or I couldn't see her daughter anymore.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Um. Its translated into English. But I think people who have certain misconceptions about Islamic beliefs are also the type of people who have trouble grasping their own language.

I was under the impression that a lot of people believe it shouldn't ever be translated into any other languages.
Banging on a trash can
the only problem we have here in Germany is with lower-clash turkish kids that do nothing but make trouble and look stupid.

but yeah, if they're nice people, who gives a damn where they're from? they could even be from France for all i care.

......PFFFTTHAHAHAHAHA

the idea of nice people coming from france... teheehehe
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I'll assume you're trying to make a joke rather than just being monumentally dumb.
Quote by CoreysMonster
the only problem we have here in Germany is with lower-clash turkish kids that do nothing but make trouble and look stupid.

but yeah, if they're nice people, who gives a damn where they're from? they could even be from France for all i care.

......PFFFTTHAHAHAHAHA

the idea of nice people coming from france... teheehehe

Of course France has nice people.

Nice and gayishly surrendering people, but still nice nonetheless >.>
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I was under the impression that a lot of people believe it shouldn't ever be translated into any other languages.

Let me put it this way, that completely defeats the purpose. If you believe that the Qur'an is the last revelation from God, which is essentially what it is, then you want to spread the message. Its like every other believer in God, they're going to want to spread the message. So, this means its going to be translated. Even the most hateful, and disgusting Christian acts a certain way because he's trying to spread the message. You can usually find any religious text in different languages.
Quote by smb
I'll assume you're trying to make a joke rather than just being monumentally dumb.

Oh, be nice.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

surah al-kafirun, right?
Page 1 of 2