I've thought about it....and yes...yes it does.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
laid hopefully i wish
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I see what your saying due to the crap the record companies are putting out these days... but if you can find a record company that will give your creative freedom over your music; id say it would matter
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Self-satisfaction?

Can also be achieved through other means....
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
I've been pondering this myself lately and my conclusion is that being a great guitar player alone gets you nowhere, but having a great band with great songs may get you somewhere.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Yer, there's all these moronic bands that perform at Uni and bars and boy do they suck. Just makes me more cocky but it doesn't affect my playing or anything. I just hate for a bit and nod because i know i'm better! :P
You know, I'm beginning to think you're that guy who constantly makes multis and posts threads about middle easterners and then gets banned. Go on, admit it.. You're him, aren't you? I won't tell.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by cheese_weasel
Can also be achieved through other means....

True. That doesn't mean anything though. Ejaculation can be achieved by other means other than fapping.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Last edited by Don't Panic Ok? at May 8, 2008,
It might.......if you're lucky. Not everyone gets somewhere with their skills.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, I'm beginning to think you're that guy who constantly makes multis and posts threads about middle easterners and then gets banned. Go on, admit it.. You're him, aren't you? I won't tell.

Or to get onto the front page of new threads on the homepage LOL!
Well, once your already a great guitarist, The only way your really gonna get somewhere is by knowing someone.
theres too many bands for record people to just go out looking for people like they used too.
songwriting ability > guitar playing ability, no doubt.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by ***jacob***
Well, once your already a great guitarist, The only way your really gonna get somewhere is by knowing someone.
theres too many bands for record people to just go out looking for people like they used too.

I think I get what you're saying.

*makes a mental note to keep tabs of every member of UG, in order to later kill the competition.*
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

let me tell you what my plan for my life is: get a well-paying job in which i can raise a family and live comfortably with my education. keep my band going through after I graduate. play in local bars/restaurants with my band. live life and love life and love music. if something else happens with regards to my band then so be it. if i don't make it any farther than where ive been then ill have no regrets either.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I get what you're saying.

*makes a mental note to keep tabs of every member of UG, in order to later kill the competition.*

*sets profile to private*

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
guitarplaying is yet to live up to the "hang it round ur neck and get laid part"

so yeah... if ur great i dunno... it seems that if you just put yourself/the band out there enough you can get signed to some reasonable company... E.G sony BMG
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

if you're better then most people at something, chances are you can be able to make money by doing it. but first you have to get better than most people, and that takes alot more than speed or technique
Quote by DiveRightIn63
songwriting ability > guitar playing ability, no doubt.

Unless your dream is to become a session musician.
Quote by vintage x metal

well i think its weird that people who play guitar hero get the girls and the people who play real guitar get nothing. what is wrong with the world.
^^people who play guitar hero get girls? Riiiiiight.

I think being a great songwriter will get your further than being a great guitar player. but it depends on how you define "great" (you can't). great as in chops like Yngwie? no one will really care because there is such a narrow audience for that type of thing? but great as in innovate with a unique and catchy sound, then yes i think it would get you noticed.

and as far as girls go if you can play well its not that hard to impress them provided they aren't guitar players themselves.
I don't know...there's a bunch of great guitar players out there...my guitar instructor is awesome....not sure why he isn't famous lol
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.