Oi to the punx.

I was just listening to "Animal Boy", the 1986 Ramones album.

In every book I've read, the author's have always put forward the view that Animal Boy is one of the Ramones' very weakest albums.

However, I refute that, the animal boy album is excellent!

To those who have had a decent listen - it's quite hard to find because it hasn't been remastered - your thoughts?
I don´t know the album, so I don´t know how they sound on this album, but I know Bonzo goes to Bitburg and Animal Boy from Loco Live which is a really good album where these songs sound ok to me.......but generally it´s my impression that the older the Ramones got, the more they tried to use this sound of the 80s with synthy and keyboard ****
I dunno about that album, but my favorite ramones song has to either be "Wart Hog" or "Chainsaw"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
"Bonzo Goes to Bitburg" is their third best song!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
"Bonzo Goes to Bitburg" is their third best song!

agreed. the only two i like more are pet semetary and the KKK took my baby away.

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
agreed. the only two i like more are pet semetary and the KKK took my baby away.

My two favorites are Chasing The Night and Oh Oh I Love Her So.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Agreed. "Animal Boy" is brutally underrated. It and "Pleasant Dreams" are both true stand-outs in their 80's slump.

And how weird is it to hear Dee Dee sing lead on a couple of the tracks?
I'm bumping this thread because I just got around to purchasing this album. I think it may be my favorite Ramones album. I love their stuff from the 80s. It's not as rock n roll but every song is so powerful sounding.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I took Brian's advice and grabbed myself a copy of Animal Boy a couple months ago. I really like it. Road to Ruin is still my favorite Ramones album though.
Uhh, yeah, use the damn search bar, threadstarter.

I made a thread about this a few months back.

EDIT: Sorry, please disregard that!

Nice to see you guys like it!
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Uhh, yeah, use the damn search bar, threadstarter.

I made a thread about this a few months back.

EDIT: Sorry, please disregard that!

Nice to see you guys like it!

lawl

Jack my swag