i've gotten interested in horror fiction, so today i've borrowed my first horror book, stephen king's carrie.

i have not started reading yet. but i will in 5 mins.

yeah lol. so do you read horror fiction?
if so which are your favorite authors?
I always thought King was boring, except for the Talisman. I prefer Clive Barker.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Does H.P. Lovecraft count? That's the only stuff that I've ever found slightly interesting or disconcerting.
Yar, I quite like King but Christopher Fowler is better because he can make horror out of the human condition rather than supernatural shenanigans like most horror writers.
ive recentley begun to get into it. i usually just read lots of short stories from king. the only full novel ive read from him was 'the langoliers'. and i didnt finish that one about the book and that guy...

but yeah i enjoy this stuff

edit:

Quote by freedoms_stain
Yar, I quite like King but Christopher Fowler is better because he can make horror out of the human condition rather than supernatural shenanigans like most horror writers.

now that sounds interesting
James Herbert is a good horror author, i've read a couple of his books, "the rats" being the latest; I rekon it was pretty good... My 2 cents / 1p
Quote by jetfuel495
now that sounds interesting
He does supernatural too, but the best ones are the ones where the horror comes from what people are willing to do to each other under certain situations.

I was about to put down the plot to one of his books but saying anything about it would totally ruin it, I'll just tell you that it's called Soho Black and that it's awesome, set in London's Soho.
I like horror books better than films.

Because unlike movies in a book theres no creepy music and stuff doesn't just jump out and scare the ass out of you
Stephen King is great.

I've read carrie, the stand, dreamcatcher, it, everything's eventual, needful things, misery, the shining, cell, the dark half, the green mile, from a buick 8 and dolores claiborne. And I've seen most of the films.

Do I win?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Sooopo
Does H.P. Lovecraft count? That's the only stuff that I've ever found slightly interesting or disconcerting.

Yes, H.P. Lovecraft's classics are amazing.
I really enjoy Stephen King as well, even the novels of his others have found boring i've thought were still good.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...