I'm looking at buying a "Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20th Anniversary Model Combo Amp." Opinions of this amp, and if you own them have you run into problems? And is there anything you'd suggest changing?
What's your budget?

What music do you play?

What gear do you have now?

What country do you live in?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Budget is $1000

I play metal, but need good cleans.

I have a ****ty crate amp SS, digitech Death metal pedal, boss dd-3, mxr 10 band eq, and a jackson guitar that I am more than happy with.

I live in the US.
I haven't tried that particular amp, but I've played a number of higher-end H&K amps, & they all seemed to be pretty well-built & good-sounding in general. In my experience, they don't make cheap gear. Try the amp first, though!!!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
its an awesome amp. i played it many times, and it is probably the best amp under 800$. though it has lots of gain, im not sure if itll do "br00talz" without a boost or overdrive pedal in front. with 1,000 i would look into other amps as well. try getting your hands on a used carvin v3.
A saw H&K first thing I thought was heckler and koch is making amps now cool. But never mind its Hughes and kettner, I had one a long time ago pretty nice equipment.
Quote by Tackleberry
A saw H&K first thing I thought was heckler and koch is making amps now cool. But never mind its Hughes and kettner, I had one a long time ago pretty nice equipment.

hha my thoughts exactly the first time i heard of them they should come up with a guitar that shoots bullets.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I was planning on putting an OD pedal in front of it, and I'll play it before my experience with H&K is even the ****ty ones sound awesome.
The Edition Tube isn't really what I'd call a suitable candidate for metal without some help. It does respond to pedals quite well though and sounds absolutely insane with a ZVex Box of Metal in front of it.

For metal amps, I'm quite surprised the H&K Warp X isn't more popular.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
The impression I'm under is that it's easier to get more distortion and make things heavier, and it's harder to make an amp cleaner, and I REALLY need good cleans, thus I am just looking for a tube amp with good cleans, and solid build. If I am wrong about what I just mentioned please correct me.
Quote by Matt Chavie
...thus I am just looking for a tube amp with good cleans, and solid build.

That being the case, the Edition Tube should fit you quite well.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM