Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

lol, idk, i just found it looking at their website, and i thought it looked a lot like the Razorback V.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Yes it does look like it a hell of a lot but remember its a signature and its most likely what he wanted.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
Yes it does look like it a hell of a lot but remember its a signature and its most likely what he wanted.

Yeah, thats true. I guess he went to Jackson because of personal preference then? Dean would have been faster because they already have the design, but hey, I like Jackson a hell of a lot more than dean. So it makes sense to me

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm not sure but I think Phil designed this guitar and Dean just copied it.
The Jackson looks way better than the Dean nonetheless
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Evadlite
At least with the jackson headstock it doesn't look like a sludge hammer.

Isn't that a bad thing?
Phil has been using that custom for quite a while now. Its just that he only recently decided to put it into production. That just means you cant really say its a Dean ripoff. And anyway, it looks a hell of a lot better than the Dean.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Jackson > Dean. Nuff said. Honestly, I didn't even make any kind of connection between the Demmelition and a Razorback until I read this thread.

I can't wait to see it in stores. It looks badass.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
This is definately 10x better looking than the Deans. Red with black bevels looks awesome.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Phil's custom predates the Deans, but I think Bernie Rico has made one that predates both.
Who here thinks the "he should've gone to dean as they would have done it faster due to already making that shape" is a valid argument?

If you do.

Please.

Find your precious razorback. And smash it.
If you think they're the same design, fack off.

Anyway, it's a nice looking guitar, very similar to Corey Belaulis. . . (or whatever it is) sig by dean, but this is so much superior (looks wise, played none of them).
Nice to have a. . sorta . .new V design (though it's basically a King V).
well since everyone is on the jackson side looks like i am gonna have to stand up for dean GO RAZORBACKS
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
hahahaha i win that means dean winz jacksons lose
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
hahahaha i win that means dean winz jacksons lose

...what? All of the jackson's I've played have not only looked better than the deans, but feel really nice (this all being the X series). Not to mention you just made yourself fail.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
...what? All of the jackson's I've played have not only looked better than the deans, but feel really nice (this all being the X series). Not to mention you just made yourself fail.

You passed.
it looks way better than a razorback V
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
they barely look anything alike. the jackson looks way way better imo
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Who here thinks the "he should've gone to dean as they would have done it faster due to already making that shape" is a valid argument?

If you do.

Please.

Find your precious razorback. And smash it.
If you think they're the same design, fack off.

Anyway, it's a nice looking guitar, very similar to Corey Belaulis. . . (or whatever it is) sig by dean, but this is so much superior (looks wise, played none of them).
Nice to have a. . sorta . .new V design (though it's basically a King V).

Whoa man. I never knew that this was a custom, i apologize. I dont' like deans, i didn't know that this predated the razorbacks, im sorry. They just look similar imo. And I just figured that his came AFTER, i never knew it came before. My bad.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You think thats a copy?

This

Is painfully close to this

especially if you know that Jackson wouldnt endorse Alexi so he went to ESP.
You want copies? Just look down at ESP's entire line. NOTHING is original about there guitars. Everyone else becomes irrelevant when you look at ESP.
Jackson did sponsor Alexi, but when his guitars got stolen Fender (owns Jackson) told him that it would be a year before they could get him new guitars. ESP heard about it and said they could do it in 3 months, and so he signed with them. They make a USA model Alexi that's actually not the guitar he uses. He actually plays almost the exact same guitar (same RR shape, although the USA one has modifications made to pass by copyrights.) but with the ESP logo on it. You should really check out his Edwards/ESP custom shop series, they're expensive but they're super high quality stuff.

Also, has the price for the Demmelition V been released yet? Because with that having a neck pup that could be a substitute if I don't find the RR24 can go clean enough (I'm looking into buying one), but if it's a terrible amount more, which I'm assuming it probably will be, then I'll just go with the RR24. Plus I love the RR shape. I've always played in the "classical" position so strat and LP style guitars can get kinda weird for me, I played an RR and a V, and I knew those was definitely the shapes for me. SO much more comfortable, plus they have upper fret access out the ass!
Saying Jackson copied ESP is the biggest joke ever.
I even think ESP never came up with an original design themselves.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Last edited by Ventor at May 9, 2008,
Quote by edusty2010

Also, has the price for the Demmelition V been released yet? Because with that having a neck pup that could be a substitute if I don't find the RR24 can go clean enough (I'm looking into buying one), but if it's a terrible amount more, which I'm assuming it probably will be, then I'll just go with the RR24. Plus I love the RR shape. I've always played in the "classical" position so strat and LP style guitars can get kinda weird for me, I played an RR and a V, and I knew those was definitely the shapes for me. SO much more comfortable, plus they have upper fret access out the ass!

I ordered a Demmelition V for $1250.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by CJRocker
You want copies? Just look down at ESP's entire line. NOTHING is original about there guitars. Everyone else becomes irrelevant when you look at ESP.

I'll second that.

Quote by Ventor
Saying ESP copied Jackson is the biggest joke ever.

I think you just contradicted yourself.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that ESP basically just looks at the Jackson catalog and sticks their headstock on all the guitars.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by fatboythin
Phil has been using that custom for quite a while now. Its just that he only recently decided to put it into production. That just means you cant really say its a Dean ripoff. And anyway, it looks a hell of a lot better than the Dean.

+ Juan
Quote by AngusX
I'll second that.

I think you just contradicted yourself.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that ESP basically just looks at the Jackson catalog and sticks their headstock on all the guitars.

Oops yeah switch ESP & Jackson
It was still early in the morning
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
Saying Jackson copied ESP is the biggest joke ever.

F series
First off, it's hard to be original when pretty much every practical guitar design has already been made a long time ago.

Second off, who the f*ck cares if ESP doesn't have much in the way of originality. Their quality beats anything else I've ever played.

Third, Jackson WAS willing to endorse Alexi, they just couldn't beat ESP for the time it would take them to make his guitars.

Fourth, USA Alexi models FTL. Japanese models FTW.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Maybe an old idea... But still looks Sweet..... *Drool*
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

looks awesome end of.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I like it. If I had th money I'd buy one
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic