i have sonar 6 producer edition and it wont let me record anything or hear anything..
so i looked for the problem and it says that there are no audio drivers installed. can anybody like poste a link for an audio driver that'll work with it? thanx
Give her the gift that keeps on giving: Mexican jumping beans.
Asio4All

Google

Its free

EDIT: Also what sound card/interface?
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
umm. idk. how do i tell what soundcard i have?
It should say in your documentation for your PC. Also you can look in Device Manager and see what it is.

I'm assuming from your reply that you'll be using your PC's sound card. A word of warning. In my experience Cakewalk products do not get along well with PC sound cards, especially if you have a lower end integrated sound card in your PC.

Also, don't expect great sounding results from this setup. PC sound cards by and large aren't built for a recording musician. Play around, see if this is something you want to do. If so, invest in a good recording interface or multitrack.

DS
Made up statistic
it just says high definition audio devise..
So,let me get this straight.
You spent 500 bucks on software..but your using your crappy 5 dollar onboard soundcard?
You figured out how to steal the software...figure out how to use it.
I had this problem when starting to use Sonar 4 on my stock Dell a while back. It just doesnt like stock cards for whatever reason.

I ended up getting a good audio interface PCI card and it works great now and I'm running Sonar 6

It's a tough program to learn but its awesome once you get it down.
ooh Psychomanz youre a smart one. using logic.. somthing i should try... well ill go get a PCI thingy and then c if it worx..
Quote by PsychomanZ
So,let me get this straight.
You spent 500 bucks on software..but your using your crappy 5 dollar onboard soundcard?
You figured out how to steal the software...figure out how to use it.

I always see you putting comments like this in these threads. To be fair, usually, if someone is using their stock card, 9 times out of 10 they didn't pay for the software.
There is poetry in despair.
On the plus side, both Audacity and Reaper get along well with stock PC hardware.
Made up statistic
Quote by fridge_raider
I always see you putting comments like this in these threads. To be fair, usually, if someone is using their stock card, 9 times out of 10 they didn't pay for the software.

Which is why im tired of these threads...if they figured out how to steal the software..they should figure out how to use it. Or atleast figure out how to use the SEARCH button

Im tired of clicking on a thread (figuring i might be able to help) , only to find out
that its another thread started by yet another 12yo thief that needs help with his crappy soundcard and his $500 bug filled,virus injected software woes.

Too many threads are about this same crap and its quite sickening to have to weed thru all of it to find a legitimate person who could use some real help.
Oh these people need real help, just not the kind we offer on R&R.
we should do like the studio central board does and give members who we believe have downloaded the software a warning. Well ok they dont give warnings but they dont look upon those members well...

It was my first thought that he used a torrent or something when reading this thread but I didnt think to bring it up...
Last edited by moody07747 at May 9, 2008,
Bit harsh though, don't you think ? I mean, it's really not our business what other people do with their computers. I'm not saying it's right to steal the software, but I wouldn't not help someone out just because they didn't pay for it.

There is the bug issue, but most of the time it's not a bug or virus that stops their software from working properly, it's just that they can't use it properly.
There is poetry in despair.
I agree though, even though it's harsh, I try to help where I can without judging. What matters to me is I paid for mine so I'm good to go.

9/10 times it's PEBKAC issue anyways.
Made up statistic