i just sold two guitars and an xbox 360 and currently have $800 because of this. and see i gave me parents $200 bringin me to $600 and i was wondering, should i get a new guitar or a good amp, i have an Axl Fire Ax guitar and a cheap ibanez 10 w amp. and i been lookin at a line 6 Spider III amp and a Marshall Mini Stack, an Esp Mh-103 and an esp ltd explorer FX260, and i cant decide which one to get. whats your alls outlook?

Spider III: http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LIN-SPIII75-LIST

MH-103: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH103-Quilted-Maple-Electric-Guitar?sku=514872

Explorer: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-FX260-Spalted-Maple?sku=512886

Marshall Stack: http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-MAR-MG15MSII-LIST
Well, I know that Spider III is amazing. I've seen some awesome reviews, video and written, and I would recommend that. And also, you wouldn't have to upgrade it agian for some time I believe.
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.
Take it to the gear thread noob I just reported you. No im just kidding but i know some forum tightass will be giving you a comment like that soon.
is spider III only good fore metal, or can it be used for classical rock and blues too. stuff like that, i pllay about everything, from like, Stevie Ray, metallica, megadeth, b.b. king, disturbed godsmack dragonforce, i like all rock, soo is it good for multiplt types of music?
Save up more money. $600 won't buy you SHIT!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i was gonna buy that line 6 yesterday,
but the shop was closing as i found it...
so i couldnt get it...
You'd have gotten better guitar tone by smashing your Xbox against a wall than by selling it and getting a Line 6 Spider. I'd recommend a Peavey Valve King 112, Randall RG50TC or a Laney LC15, Peavey JSX Mini Colossal or a B-52 AT-112, assuming you play metal, judging by your desire for ESPs. If you buy them used, you'll have enough to be on your way to affording a decent guitar as well. Don't waste your money on cheap gear, save up a bit more and use it on a decent amp you won't realize is rubbish a year down the road.

Edit: And yes, this should be in the GG&A forum.
pleeeeeeease don't buy a spider III or an MG stack. for that money you can get a nice practice tube amp, say, a Peavy Valveking 212.
yeh, see i dont really know alot about amps and pedals, but i know alot about gitars and i guess thats why im always prone to buying them more often..lol i need a good amp for around $600 cause after i buy this i gotta start saving money for new tires for my car.
There is a fantastic new invention they've just come out with! Maybe you've heard of it...

IT'S CALLED A JOB!!!

See, the idea is you sit in some godawful, shitty place and deal with assholes for some given length of time and they PAY YOU!

It's an interesting concept. Google it, maybe. Or ask Mommy if you can get one.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i have a job dumbass, but i dont get paid **** because i go to school and also football practice along with it soo quit bein a smart ass ok.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
There is a fantastic new invention they've just come out with! Maybe you've heard of it...

IT'S CALLED A JOB!!!

See, the idea is you sit in some godawful, shitty place and deal with assholes for some given length of time and they PAY YOU!

Long live the blood-drippin' cold sarcasm, givin' for free and to be used for fun of all livin' man and woman, but critically abused by people who already think they are better and more clever than every other human being..
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Maybe a Blackheart half stack?
and a pedal.

It's $300.
Then you can get yourself a guitar to. (With alittle more cash)

Spider's are fun to tweak and practice.
But they don't satisfy tone wise.
I play my 15W Peavy Rage alot more than my spider because it sounds so much better. and thicker.
Added with my Metalzone, it sounds way better than the spider's distortion.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

IT'S CALLED A JOB!!!

+1, kind of a dick way to put it

also check the guitar gear forum for a good answer. personally i loathe amp modeling, very few companys do it well and NOBODY does it well for under $600 really.
Amp > Guitar

A good amp can make a **** guitar sound decent. A good guitar wont sound decent through a **** amp.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
This belongs in the gear forum. Read the rules there before posting, and stop double posting. You have an edit button for a reason.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out