Okay, I am debating about which amp to get out of the Marshall MG50DFX or Line 6 Spider III 75.

Ive heard some bad things about the marshall mg series so im kinda relying on you guys to help me out here .

I play Punk/Emo/Rock kinda stuff. Like Green Day, Elliot Minor, Jimmy Eat World etc. Im using a Epiphone Les Paul Custom aswell.

All views and opinions welcome

Thanks!
Neiiiither!

Roland Cube 60.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Definitely neither of those. What's your budget?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by Yngwi3
Neiiiither!

Roland Cube 60.

this man speaks the truth...
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
out of those choices, i'd say the Line 6 Spider...

But probably neither haha. I'd have to agree with the other guy, Roland are better.

Save up and grab yourself a valve amp.
Both Valve King and Roland Cube 60 are good recs. For me I'd rather have a tube amp so I'd go with valve king plus distortion pedal for metal.
Guitar & Bass
Quote by Hosscat
Both Valve King and Roland Cube 60 are good recs. For me I'd rather have a tube amp so I'd go with valve king plus distortion pedal for metal.

Both are really good. Those are definitely the best amps in that "price range".

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
NOOO!
DON'T DO THAT!
don't buy that c**p please!

/thread
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Solid State = Roland
Tube = Peavey VK 112 or Crate V33 or V50.

Try any of those aside the two you suggested and you will hear why we are all telling you basically the same thing.
Quote by HighMountain
Okay, I am debating about which amp to get out of the Marshall MG50DFX or Line 6 Spider III 75.

Ive heard some bad things about the marshall mg series so im kinda relying on you guys to help me out here .

I play Punk/Emo/Rock kinda stuff. Like Green Day, Elliot Minor, Jimmy Eat World etc. Im using a Epiphone Les Paul Custom aswell.

All views and opinions welcome

Thanks!

There are far better amps out there than those two, which are the worst ever big name amps in history. Have you ever been on UG before!?

Anyway, have a look into the Crate V Series.

That Marshall MG and the Spider are going to make your excellent guitar sound like a dog turd so really, don't bother.
Neither amp.

Go to your music store and try some of the Roland Cubes, or the Vox Valvetronix amps if you are thinking about modeling amps.

In the tube amp arena (which I certainly prefer) you could look at the Blackheart Head/Cab or the Valve Jr Head Cab..... both are 5 watts..... and surprisingly loud..... and won't break your budget.... both of these amps will get the tones you look for, especially if you pair them with an od pedal.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Go to your music store, close your eyes, and try out all amps in your price range. Don't buy a amp because of what other people say. Use YOUR EARS and buy the amp that you like the best and screw the rest of the world.
Quote by greggybhoy
There are far better amps out there than those two, which are the worst ever big name amps in history. Have you ever been on UG before!?

Anyway, have a look into the Crate V Series.

That Marshall MG and the Spider are going to make your excellent guitar sound like a dog turd so really, don't bother.

I gotta sig the first part of this.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ok, i guess you guys know more than me so ill check some of your suggestions out.

thanks everyone for helping out, its much appreciated