ok this may be a nooob question but i got my guitar setup with 10s i now want to put 11s on will i need to change anything to accommodate for this ?
thanks for any help
you guys could be a little more helpful...

yes, of course you do, you're putting more tension on your neck for that the truss rod needs to be tightened, and your bridge needs to be balanced, and the intonation needs to be set up.

what kind of bridge do you have? is a floyd rose?

if so.. you're gonna have to take the entire thing off and adjust the balance, and that's a bitch
you gave almost no information
the title says trem but you don't say if you have one and which one it will be
be more specific and describe more
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Quote by filthylittleboy

what kind of bridge do you have? is a floyd rose?

if so.. you're gonna have to take the entire thing off and adjust the balance, and that's a bitch

Er, what? No. At no point do you need to physically remove the bridge. Tightening up the springs is all that needs doing, along with probably messing with the action and intonation.
sorry guys its a licensed floyd rose floating trem
i thought id just have to adjust the spring tension , is that all or is more required ?
lol at the guy who said take the bridge off the difference between 10s and 11s is pretty minimal i doubt such drastic action would be required
i just want to check with people who have more experience since this is the second time ive changed strings on this bridge
Last edited by the agony scene at May 8, 2008,
yes. Depends on ur guitar. Mine u have to change strings at the back. What have u got?

EDIT: bit late sry
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

i think taking the floyd off is going a little overboard.
if u have a floyd and you are changing your strings to a higher gauge, then u need to tighten the screws on the metal plate that holds the springs of the trem on the back of the guitar in order to balance the tremelo.
Then you will have to tune your guitar multiple times in order you to find the perfect balance.
for beginners it might take you a little more than an hour