Hi

Right i'm trying to look for a more "metal" type guitar . One with an awesome action, has emg's and a tremolo .... so all the good stuff.

Jackson DXMG

This is the type of the guitar i'm looking for but i want to have some alternativs suggested by you guys . It must be under £400 (about $800) have EMG's and any sort of tremolo bar but apart from that i'm open to alternatives as i have said.

Cheers
ESP LTD EC-500
ESP LTD MH-400

I think the Schecter C1 Hellrasier with Floyd Rose is about $800.

Whats wrong with the Jackson?
The DXMG sounds great to me, I've played one and was really impressed. The Jackson Floyd Rose are among the best licenced locking trems

But the pickups in the DXMG are EMG-HZ's, ther are passive pickups and not the top class EMG's. But they still sound good, some players even prefer them, like Alexi Laiho
Quote by metalman89
ESP LTD EC-500
ESP LTD MH-400

I think the Schecter C1 Hellrasier with Floyd Rose is about $800.

Whats wrong with the Jackson?

Nothings wrong with it it's awesome

I just wanted to compare it with others similar to it so i can see what will suit me

Suggestions are awesome so far keep them coming!
Washburn X40PRO.

- Schaller trem (absolute killer trem, on par with an OFR)
- Seymour Duncan pickups (Distortion bridge and 59 neck)
- Alder Body
- Bolt On Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, 24 Frets
- Coil Tap available
- Made in Korea

I know it doesn't have EMGs, but the trem makes up for it easily (one excellent trem) and you can sell out those SD pickups and stick some EMGs in.
LTD KH-202 had about the same specs as the DXMG.

Also, because they'd be imports, the MH-400 and Ec-500 would be more than 400 pounds most likely.
You should really also look into guitars with Seymour Duncans. For your price you may get better quality from Seymour Duncans. You also check out the Jackson DK2M, DK2, RR3, KE3.