So which guitar should i get

Epiphone Elitist
Fender Telecaster American Vintage
Gibson Explorer
GIbson Sg Standard

I have an orange amp
And a marshall
Last edited by deasis6 at May 8, 2008,
Toss up between the epi les paul and the explorer...depends on the body shape you like better. I love them for their big fat tones.
Dude, seriously, get an ESP Eclipse II. Maybe youd like the vintage white color or something. Be seriously, that would kick any gibson or fender's ass.
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
Quote by Neo_Towel
Dude, seriously, get an ESP Eclipse II. Maybe youd like the vintage white color or something. Be seriously, that would kick any gibson or fender's ass.

Can esp handle rock cuz i started to hate metal
im more of a blues rock guy
what kind of amp do you have.just checking...
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
About a Eclipse II, you would need to get the one with Seymour Duncans to get a good blues sound.
Hmm the SG sounds the best for what you want
Manchester United
Quote by Danno13
What amp are you using, dude?

he said an orange... but not what kind. Have you considered a semi-hallow body guitar? They have great tone for blues and rock. Just look at malcolm young!
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
get a gibson sg,it sounds like the perfect fit for what you are looking for. i'd personally go fot the explorer cus i really like the body shape and the pickups it has
Before you buy an SG you really need to try it standing up. I loved them till I played it standing and realized as soon as you let go of it the headstock dives to the floor. Great sounding guitar though.
Quote by deasis6
Can esp handle rock cuz i started to hate metal
im more of a blues rock guy

Haha, you sound just like me.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I'm fond of my American HSS Strat. Very versatile.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Do you mind buying used? If you can find a used ES-335 that would be great. One of the best playing guitars ive ever played, and one of the most killer tones out there. I think it would be absolutely PERFECT for what your looking for.
for the amount of money you have, you should have a good enough idea of what type of guitar to buy. If your a beginner i wouldn't jump in at the deep end i;d go halves and get a decent amp and a decent guitar, instead of an amazing guitar. However, if you experienced then go for a decent fender i'd say or a PRS 22 / 24 probably your best bet
Quote by deasis6

Epiphone Elitist
Fender Telecaster American Vintage
Gibson Explorer
GIbson Sg Standard

Ok, since you said in bold you use a lot of bending and tapping, I'm going to be extreeemely critical and say that, at least on my Explorer, bending is the best (and I mean, on any guitar I've ever tried, and that includes most high end models available in Europe =)) but tapping I find easier on Strats. But ofcourse this got alot to do with setups as well.

For Led Zeppelin, the choice between a Tele and a Les Paul depends on which era you're planning on playing. The first album is all Tele, and for instance Heartbreaker is too (if I remember correctly). AC/DC however just screams SG...

Well, this is just a hunch, but to me the SG is more classic rock, and the Explorer is more metal, but perhaps this is more because of association - I've never had a chance to try them back to back.

And I just wouldn't want to spend that amount of money to get something that says Epiphone. Sorry.

Basically, I think that you should choose between Explorer, SG or Les Paul - all Gibsons - because they're the safest bets.

/not being of any help at all
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
id say Epi Elitist.. its been said many times that they can hang with any non custom shop Gibson

i had a Gibson SG Standard, sucker was nice but for blues and rock... id get a LP

im saving up to get one
ESP LTD EC-1000. Of course, the Amber sunburst model. Just as nice as any Gibbo LP, and a LOT cheaper too ($840 on Musicians friend).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 8, 2008,
Quote by bornfidelity
Ok, since you said in bold you use a lot of bending and tapping, I'm going to be extreeemely critical and say that, at least on my Explorer, bending is the best (and I mean, on any guitar I've ever tried, and that includes most high end models available in Europe =)) but tapping I find easier on Strats. But ofcourse this got alot to do with setups as well.

For Led Zeppelin, the choice between a Tele and a Les Paul depends on which era you're planning on playing. The first album is all Tele, and for instance Heartbreaker is too (if I remember correctly). AC/DC however just screams SG...

Well, this is just a hunch, but to me the SG is more classic rock, and the Explorer is more metal, but perhaps this is more because of association - I've never had a chance to try them back to back.

And I just wouldn't want to spend that amount of money to get something that says Epiphone. Sorry.

Basically, I think that you should choose between Explorer, SG or Les Paul - all Gibsons - because they're the safest bets.

/not being of any help at all

Keep in mind that The Edge of U2's main guitar is an Explorer. That's not quite metal.

My suggestion, I guess, would be a G&L of some sort. Any of the ASATs would likely work for you, maybe the ASAT Bluesboy specifically:

The neck humbucker should help you handle the higher-gain stuff.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
If you've got $1400, take a look at Carvin. The CT or CS series guitars might be what you're looking for.
SG Standard all the way, but try to find one used. They're far too overpriced new.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Wulver
Keep in mind that The Edge of U2's main guitar is an Explorer. That's not quite metal.

My suggestion, I guess, would be a G&L of some sort. Any of the ASATs would likely work for you, maybe the ASAT Bluesboy specifically:

The neck humbucker should help you handle the higher-gain stuff.

Well, his music isn't but his sound sometimes quite is Besides, U2 did start off as a rock band. But it is true that the Explorer is versatile, yes.

However, I'd say it's silly to hang a guitar's hi-gain possibilities on the neck pickup. The hottest EMG in a nick pickup position still wouldn't cut it - but then in terms of, say, clarity, or bite.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
The Epiphone anyday, heard so much about it, smashes low end Gibsons and hangs on the Standards. Much cheaper as well.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Buy a Gibson SG. I have a special and it sounds amazing. It is extremely versatile and can do practically anything. Besides looking great it is real light....But if you don't like the SG, id go with a strat then. The Epiphone is good but i don't think it comes close to an SG. If you want a les paul, then up your budget.
Gear
Gibson SG Special Black
Schecter C-1
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (Soon!)
Spider 2 210
Boss TU-2
Boss Equalizer
Quote by bornfidelity
Well, his music isn't but his sound sometimes quite is Besides, U2 did start off as a rock band. But it is true that the Explorer is versatile, yes.

However, I'd say it's silly to hang a guitar's hi-gain possibilities on the neck pickup. The hottest EMG in a nick pickup position still wouldn't cut it - but then in terms of, say, clarity, or bite.

Fair enough, I suppose. A G&L would still do nicely for him; those Magnetic Field Design Fullerton pickups are supposedly more resistant to hum and such, due to their comparatively low winding. Even a "standard" ASAT would nail him the early Zeppelin, and quite possibly hit the general AC/DC tone without modification. And if not, one could always have a 4-way switch installed to put the pickups in series, essentially making them a giant humbucker.

The main reason I'm vouching for G&L is the quality, though.....my dad owns a G&L bass, and it's easily the best "Fender-type" instrument I've ever put my hands on. Exceptional build quality.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay