What you think about this amp? i found one used probably like 10 years old... its 15 watt. should i buy that or a ibanez tbx15r? i have a cort evl k-4 and need a practice amp. i have a ibanez 10 watt now and its not enough. i will buy a distortion pedal too after buying the amp so it should be something that will let me hear the tone well... i play metal mostly but would not say no to some blues etc.
Get a roland Microcube.
Both of those that you mentioned are lame.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, if you're going to sculpt your tone with pedals, go for an epiphone valve junior then.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
get a cheap valve then epihone valve junior or something
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I just want something a bit better... dont want any epiphone valve junior. want a solid state dont ask why they are too loud i think the tubes. anyway how are randall amps?
Quote by blind.quardian
I just want something a bit better... dont want any epiphone valve junior. want a solid state dont ask why they are too loud i think the tubes. anyway how are randall amps?

Cheap randalls are poor amps, you can change the volume of a tube amp the same as any amp, the volume on it and the guitar. A pedal friendly practice amp would be something like darkarbiter said, the valve jr.

g/b-edit: Uh, have you checked your other threads? There were quite a few responses when you asked earlier:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852288
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847951
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845677
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830210
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817990
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at May 8, 2008,

5 watts tube really isn't very loud.
It can get loud, but so can 15 watt solidstates.
The valve junior will kill any SS amp in it's price range.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, every amp which you have brought up stinks...
And you disregard any advice that we're giving, we're just encouraging you to get a similarly priced amp which sounds 10 times better.

And also, 5 watts tube is not much louder, if not equal to, a 15 watt solidstate. Why do you want a solidstate over a tube amp then?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
They're both crap amps. I second the micro cube or the valve junior.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Fixed!

Well, I recommended the EVJ because he said he was going to use pedals, and didn't want anything digital like the microcube.
And since he was going to use distortion pedals, I thought the EVJ would be a good idea, atleast a better one than an SS or modeling amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Sorry blind.quardian, but you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. That's fine, just don't ask for advice and then ignore it because it's not what you wanted to hear...

The difference between a cheapo 10W Ibanez and a cheapo 15W Fender is virtually nil. They're both cheap starter-pack crap, fine for your first few months but pointless to buy as a second amp.

For around the same price, you can get a Peavey Royal 8, Epiphone Valve Junior, Peavey Transtube or Roland Cube. All of which are great.
^he doesn't want digital though, so scratch the cube.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^Yeah, those little super champs look like killer practice/jamming amps.
What were your opinions on it?
What was the first (non modeling channel) like?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i had it along side the Bluse Jr, HRD, and ValveKing basically. With and without my pedal. My guitar. At GC very early on a Tuesday.

It didn't compare to the other three obviously, and I had them all on clean, but you know - it wasn't bad. It was enough for me to spend some time with it come back to it again again just to make sure - but overall not bad at all.

Epi Valve Jr is still prolly a winner over Super Champ but I'd play both next to each to get a real comparison. For TS that is.

;
Second the super champ but why do people ask if they have no intention of listening.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
ok.ok. so epiphone wins? but after buying it which is quite expensive as new. and im not sure that i can find a used. i live in turkey and prices are like 2x america if i buy evj i will have to buy a eq pedal and i wont have enough for a dist pedal even if i find enough to buy evj im selling my amp today cos i said i will maybe ill buy an amp which will last some time until i find a evj...
dude - didn't realize you lived in Turkey.

forget the pedals for now...focus on the amp.

you can hear yourself better, you will sound better, which means you will play more, which means you will get better as a guitarist.

after you get to know the amp and it's strengths and weaknesses you can focus on a pedal that will bring it all out for you. You may need a EQ pedal, maybe just an OD pedal for example.

Where is your best bet for shopping is Ebay not good VAT and TAX wise or how does that work. I'm just curious.

;
I never tried ebay... and i think for cheap thing the shipping will be very expensive and also for big stuff like expensive guitars its a bit risky.