Just got 100 new cds, "Aeroplane" can't be outdone. I'm in Beirut right now,

Yeah, I got like, 100 CDs from my uncle. Great CDs tons of seventies and the best of the nineties and eighties. All of joy division, all the primatives, all pavement, and radiohead, soul asylum, pink floyd, nick drake, metalica, pixies, the cure, the grateful dead, tons of bob dylan bootlegs, plus 5 cds, and more and more and more, all music i really love.
Except none of it is anything like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. Jeff and all of Neutral Milk Hotel are really amazing. There's no one who sounds like them, no one who can match jeff lyrics and originality.

who cares
Quote by rock_star77
Ace, all Habs fans cannot be held accountable for the things Aldor says. Half the time, I don't even know if he knows what he's saying.
Yeah, In Aeroplane Over The Sea is an amazing album, probably in my top 5 ever. It's really just a beautiful perfect album. I don't think this thread belongs here though.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by IQuitMyDayJob
Yeah, I got like, 100 CDs from my uncle. Great CDs tons of seventies and the best of the nineties and eighties. All of joy division, all the primatives, all pavement, and radiohead, soul asylum, pink floyd, nick drake, metalica, pixies, the cure, the grateful dead, tons of bob dylan bootlegs, plus 5 cds, and more and more and more, all music i really love.
Except none of it is anything like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. Jeff and all of Neutral Milk Hotel are really amazing. There's no one who sounds like them, no one who can match jeff lyrics and originality.

I remember your thread the other day where you praised that album.

I think you should give the albums some time to grow on you, very few great albums are instantly amazing. Also, you need to want to like them as much as 'Aeroplane over the sea'.
Quote by Fraz01
I remember your thread the other day where you praised that album.

I think you should give the albums some time to grow on you, very few great albums are instantly amazing. Also, you need to want to like them as much as 'Aeroplane over the sea'.

In Aeroplane Over The Sea is seriously a hard album to compare to, I mean he has some amazing music listed there, but I don't know if any of them beat that album. Jeff Mangum is a songwriting genius and his music just evokes so much emotion.
Quote by StreetLight3989
In Aeroplane Over The Sea is seriously a hard album to compare to, I mean he has some amazing music listed there, but I don't know if any of them beat that album. Jeff Mangum is a songwriting genius and his music just evokes so much emotion.

Oh yeah, I'm not disputing the album's greatness (I got it the other day, still getting into it though).
Quote by Fraz01
Oh yeah, I'm not disputing the album's greatness (I got it the other day, still getting into it though).

Yeah, it might take a little while to get used to Mangum's vocals, but once you do, it's an almost perfect album, imo at least.
http://www.the-collective.net/~sashwap/media.html

Thats the track list, just find the songs because it's like a war here, and the power's really low, there's not a steady internet connection.

"The King of Carrot Flowers Pt. One" – 2:00
"The King of Carrot Flowers Pts. Two & Three" (Jeremy Barnes, Julian Koster, Jeff Mangum, Scott Spillane) – 3:06
"In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" – 3:22
"Two-Headed Boy" – 4:26
"The Fool" (Spillane) – 1:53
"Holland, 1945" – 3:12
"Communist Daughter" – 1:57
"Oh Comely" – 8:18
"Ghost" – 4:08
"Untitled" – 2:16
"Two-Headed Boy Pt. Two" – 5:13
if you wanna talk about neutral milk hotel, take it to bands & artists. if you wanna tell us that your uncle gave you 100 cds, don't.
from daylight...
...into darkness