Page 1 of 2
Greetings MTers!

It is my pleasure to begin the preparations for the Apollos, the annual Musician Talk awards. We begin by determining an appropriate set of categories that users can vote on. Here are last year's categories, without their formal titles:

The Most intelligent Award

The Sexiest Award

The Best Avatar Award

The Most Jazz-educated Award

The Worst Grammar Award

The Coolest username Award

The Most ridiculous username Award

The Most Helpful Award

The Best Current MT Mod Award

The Best Past MT Mod Award

The Least patient Award

The Most Likely to become a mod Award

The Most likely to kill a man Award

The least offensive Award

The "Pied Piper of Sexual Uncertainty" Award(Most likely to end up playing flute for a living)

The Most profane Award

The Most likely to get banned/warned in this thread Award

The Most frequent topics poster Award

The Least Theoretical Award

The Most under-appreciated user Award

------

Please let me know about any previous awards that you DON'T want on the list, and any unlisted awards that you DO want on the list. Remember, you are picking CATEGORIES, NOT VOTING FOR PEOPLE

Here are my suggestions:

Remove:
The Worst Grammar Award

The Best Current MT Mod Award (all it's going to do is make me sad that John's not always here )

Add:

The best rivalry award (two users who always seem to be fighting)

We have the new Advanced Techniques forum, so maybe someone could come up with a category for that...

I anticipate that actual voting will take place Monday, May 12th and last about a week. Until then, get cracking with the suggestions!
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
these sound good. so help me if anyone takes my most likely to kill a man award i swear i'm gonna.......

sit in a dark corner crying listening to emo music

...... not really, i'll just hunt you down and wear your face like a mask
I bet I can give a good challenge to z4's throne. It probably won't end in a coup, but it might be fun and bloody. Cause I can most definitely have fun laying someone out and tying his or her small intestines to my locking tuners and wind them out slowly before he has a chance to cut off my face.

How about something for the posters that have been most curious/eager to learn? Cause I see a few MT users that post more then the occasional question and really use MT to learn guitar musicianship The school of MT - what a school it would be.

Definately some stuff for advanced techniques, bandleading, and the open stickies.
like "best explanations" for AT, "most experienced" in bandleading - or "most active in _____ sticky.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
I'm obviously going to win the first three, and most of the others... I don't really think this is fair to everyone else.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
I think we all know which one I will win
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
The Least patient Award

Yes!
In the bag.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by psychodelia
The "Pied Piper of Sexual Uncertainty" Award(Most likely to end up playing flute for a living)

I'm going for year number two!
To publicly (anonomously) humiliate them of course!
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
The "I Want An Award." Award, for the person who moans because they wont get an award...

I want an award bec.... >_>
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
As a newcomer, who in no means is pimping for himself, how about a best newcomer, or best noob, or something like that. You could also go worst in that category.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ah yes, the awards. Last year was quite good, and I look forward to this year as well.

Kirby, you know damn well that the pied piper award is yours!
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Smurfreak
I suggest making the best sig award

You're a multi.

I've used that rapidshare link thanks to another user that is banned if I don't recall incorrectly.

hmm.....most talented songwriter ? bit flat on ideas today.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by confusius
You're a multi.

I've used that rapidshare link thanks to another user that is banned if I don't recall incorrectly.

Astute observation there. Taken care of!

I like the "best student" idea.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^ how about

"Most likely to waste away lonely and old and die facedown in a puddle of his/her own vomit in a gutter Award"
Quote by z4twenny
^ how about

"Most likely to waste away lonely and old and die facedown in a puddle of his/her own vomit in a gutter Award"

Then I could win one!

Maybe: The most underappreaciated MTer.
or: The most missed Mt regular.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
^ i actually suggested that one for me. but i guess if i didn't win that would be promising right?
Quote by z4twenny
^ i actually suggested that one for me. but i guess if i didn't win that would be promising right?

We could share it? I know that that's gonna happen to me, or something of the like, so i might as well get an award?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
is anyone funny in here? can we give them a comedian award or something to that nature
song stuck in my head today

^ yeah i can't tell if your joking but i never really see alot of jokes in here anyways just arguing lol
song stuck in my head today

i am so going for the least theoretically trained award, that is mine and no others!!!
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by psychodelia
Greetings MTers!

It is my pleasure to begin the preparations for the Apollos, the annual Musician Talk awards. We begin by determining an appropriate set of categories that users can vote on. Here are last year's categories, without their formal titles:

The Most intelligent Award

The Sexiest Award

The Best Avatar Award

The Most Jazz-educated Award

The Worst Grammar Award

The Coolest username Award

The Most ridiculous username Award

The Most Helpful Award

The Best Current MT Mod Award

The Best Past MT Mod Award

The Least patient Award

The Most Likely to become a mod Award

The Most likely to kill a man Award

The least offensive Award

The Most profane Award

The Most likely to get banned/warned in this thread Award

The Least Theoretical Award

The Most under-appreciated user Award

------

Please let me know about any previous awards that you DON'T want on the list, and any unlisted awards that you DO want on the list. Remember, you are picking CATEGORIES, NOT VOTING FOR PEOPLE

Here are my suggestions:

Remove:
The Worst Grammar Award

The Best Current MT Mod Award (all it's going to do is make me sad that John's not always here )

Add:

The best rivalry award (two users who always seem to be fighting)

We have the new Advanced Techniques forum, so maybe someone could come up with a category for that...

I anticipate that actual voting will take place Monday, May 12th and last about a week. Until then, get cracking with the suggestions!

Do you realise that you have put MTers at the top of your post, MunTers! Lol nice.

You have just called all of us Munters!

This word is described by Urbandictoinary.com as '. Munter

Very very ugly person, the next step up from being a minger, who is just ugly.'

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=munter

Hey gizzer right back at you!
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
Quote by BTKA
Do you realise that you have put MTers at the top of your post, MunTers! Lol nice.

You have just called all of us Munters!

This word is described by Urbandictoinary.com as '. Munter

Very very ugly person, the next step up from being a minger, who is just ugly.'

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=munter

Hey gizzer right back at you!

Who the hell are you?

*Permabanned* for spam
^You won't do it .

I like instigating
I also like smilies

Ban anyone but me.

IDEA! Ban the next person that says theory is stupid. (pretty pweez)

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by confusius
theory iz da st00pid uze ur feelizng.
A desperate attempt for award number 17, perhaps?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^Since when do you come here? o_O

Most relaxed user? As in, usually keeps a calm attitude towards things.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Haha, nice one pysch on banning confusius.

Btw, for you boyz on the list, notice how theres a ton of extra people popping into this thread who I at least have never heard of?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser

Btw, for you boyz on the list, notice how theres a ton of extra people popping into this thread who I at least have never heard of?

Hehe. Yep.

Anyway, is it me, or is MT turning more into a battle about who's right rather than what's right the last few months?

Quote by justin_fraser

Wasn't him. (sorry if I stole your thunder there Psych)
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Page 1 of 2