There has been a few threads on this guitar, but never really a discussion. Opinions? I think it is actually a really good guitar, although the player it is for may be controversial. So please, no Herman Li bashing, lets keep it focused on the guitar itself (specs, tone, build etc.) I really like the design, and the features of it. I really don't think it is a JEM knock off like others say. It seems pretty original, and the Purple and Gold color scheme just kicks ass!!

EDIT:l Its a guitar I would actually consider buying if I had the money.
Be cool.
nice guitar, but horrible overpriced.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by thedude051
There has been a few threads on this guitar, but never really a discussion. Opinions? I think it is actually a really good guitar, although the player it is for may be controversial. So please, no Herman Li bashing, lets keep it focused on the guitar itself (specs, tone, build etc.) I really like the design, and the features of it. I really don't think it is a JEM knock off like others say. It seems pretty original, and the Purple and Gold color scheme just kicks ass!!

EDIT:l Its a guitar I would actually consider buying.

Hmm, yeah, tis a rather unique guitar, though I think HL took a bit of inspiration from a JEM for the kung-fu grip. The pickups look good even stock, and I'm a real fan of the S series.
The thing I don't get is, a guy who's has used Ibanez S's practically all his life, whose signature guitar is BASED on an S series, why the hell has he gone with an Edge Zero trem over a ZR?? Ball bearing versus knife edge. Makes no sense to me - I prefer the ball bearings to a knife edge. It's like, why the holy heck has Sam Totman stuck an Edge III on his sig guitar? I mean, for the money, Pro or better...

Edit: not currently on sale in the UK, but I bet if we ever do get it, it's horrifically expensive. I'd take my S470 any day - value for money like no guitar on Earth. Wish I could say the same for that EGEN...

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Last edited by quantum leap at May 8, 2008,
Quote by quantum leap
Hmm, yeah, tis a rather unique guitar, though I think HL took a bit of inspiration from a JEM for the kung-fu grip. The pickups look good even stock, and I'm a real fan of the S series.
The thing I don't get is, a guy who's has used Ibanez S's practically all his life, whose signature guitar is BASED on an S series, why the hell has he gone with an Edge Zero trem over a ZR?? Ball bearing versus knife edge. Makes no sense to me - I prefer the ball bearings to a knife edge. It's like, why the holy heck has Sam Totman stuck an Edge III on his sig guitar? I mean, for the money, Pro or better...

Maybe he prefers the feel of the Edge Zero over the ZR??
Be cool.
he has the Edge Zero instead because it has better sustain apperntly. SOmething to do with the new S series using some new metal and a different system in in the cavity.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by TechnicolorType
hope the thing doesn't break in half if you drop it.

Huh? Wouldn't you hope that for most guitars?
He probably uses the Edge Zero because it feels more like the Original Edge that he uses in his 1995 Ibanez Saber.
I managed to get a wee swatch of one when I was visiting relatives in California this year.

The neck is 1mm thinner than the Wizard II, it;s awesome.

I would think the Edge Zero is there because it's a sensitive trem, if you get what I mean, I always thought the ZR was a bit stiff.

I don't know if I'd shell out the money though, £1,500 is quite a lot for it.

EDIT: It was the first coil tapped guitar i've played, I have no idea what it does , but you could get some great tones.
Last edited by buckethead_jr at May 8, 2008,
^You thought the ZR was stiff? I'd say it was insanely smooth due to the ball bearing fandangle.
Quote by Mwoit
^You thought the ZR was stiff? I'd say it was insanely smooth due to the ball bearing fandangle.

Well, I didn't mean stiff, it's late

It just wasn't as sensitive as I would think, like I would have to yank at it to get a change in pitch, if you get what I'm saying.
^Well, that's something they designed it around- to not have the pitch change as steeply as with other FR-derived designs. Something that went into that is the placement of the saddles. They're way closer to the pivot axis than on other designs, so the action stays more or less the same, unlike on FRs and Edges where a dive will raise the action a lot and a pull-up will lower it (in fact, I'm getting tired of having notes fret out when I pull up on my FR).