I just got a hold of a jackson ps-4 for a really good price. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the actual whammy bar itself for the bridge. So since I have practically no experience with tremolos, I've come to all of you for help!

From what I've seen, there's a couple types of bars...ones that thread into the bridge and ones that snap into place. Then, on top of that, there's bars with something called a bush (I think?) on top. Which of these would I need? It's got a JT500 double locking tremolo (a licensed floyd rose bridge), if that helps at all.

I think that most floyd rose replacement bars should fit. I have no experience with that system though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 8, 2008,
screw in, no bush
Ebay should be loaded with them, very common
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Alright, cool.

Upon doing a search, it seems like the ones that are threaded that don't have the bush are considered "metric." I'm assuming that it's referring to the size/spacing of the threads. Do I want a metric or should I be looking at something else?

This is the bar that I'm referring to: