Or at least, something that has a little more "thunder" then some basses.
Unfortunatly, im on a low budget.

Recomendations?

I Thought maybe a dean bass. But i was told they weren't so great...
What amp do you have?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
What amp do you have?
A Behringer Ultrabass BX300
Gear -

-Dean MLX
-Standard P-Bass
-Behringer Ultrabass BX300 (It can't wait to crap out on me)

Quote by Crazy_Ivan
A Behringer Ultrabass BX300

You need a new amp.

Seriously. It won't be helping your search for a good tone. It'll sound like a dying fart put through an elephants anus.

Yeah. That bad.

So I would recommend a new amp, rather than a new bass!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
You need a new amp.

Seriously. It won't be helping your search for a good tone. It'll sound like a dying fart put through an elephants anus.

Yeah. That bad.

So I would recommend a new amp, rather than a new bass!
Yeah, thanks i know, its on the list. I have a low budget on the bass, because I need money for a new amp too.
Gear -

-Dean MLX
-Standard P-Bass

I'd say you're much better of investing in a new amp than a new bass. Improving you r current amp will have more improvement on your tone than a $10000 bass through your current amp. The extra power will also make playing with others easier, especially when competeing agaist drums for volume.

It may take a bit more saving, but a large combo amp would probably be the best step for you to take.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Crazy_Ivan
Yeah, thanks i know, its on the list. I have a low budget on the bass, because I need money for a new amp too.

Ah, so you've set aside money for the amp too?

That's very smart .

As far as basses are concerned, I can heartily recommend a Rockbass. If not, maybe look into Schecter?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Actually, I'd recommend combining all the money for an amp. If they is nothing 'wrong' with the current bass (it plays fine, no structural damamge etc) then an amp would improve your tone far more.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
I'd say you're much better of investing in a new amp than a new bass. Improving you r current amp will have more improvement on your tone than a $10000 bass through your current amp. The extra power will also make playing with others easier, especially when competeing agaist drums for volume.

It may take a bit more saving, but a large combo amp would probably be the best step for you to take.
Like i said, im saving cash for both.
Gear -

-Dean MLX
-Standard P-Bass

Quote by gm jack
Actually, I'd recommend combining all the money for an amp. If they is nothing 'wrong' with the current bass (it plays fine, no structural damamge etc) then an amp would improve your tone far more.
Technically no, there isnt anything wrong, but I'd like a new bass that has more options then the current one, as awesome as the one i have now, a 5 or 6 string (maybe more) would be fun to play with, as far as sound goes. And again, something heavier...
Gear -

-Dean MLX
-Standard P-Bass

Your amp is at least 80% of your tone. A good amp will be able to EQ a poor bass into any catagory of tone well. A million dollar bass is only going to sound as good as the amp it is played through.

And don't treat 5/6 strings as something fun to play with. Extra strings came pretty naturally to me, and I adore the ecomony of motion on my 5 string. However, I know some people who just can't play them at all. The tighter string spacing completely throws them, nd they never get the ahng of using the extra string(s). At any rate, they also cost more than 4 strings, so you need a pretty big budget to get one worth the upgrade.

If you are set on upgrading the bass, I would recommend doing what I did and save up for a year or two and getting a bass that will last you a lifetime.

Otherwise, endure the bass a while longer, get a really good amp then save again for a new bass.

$300 won't get you much of an upgrade.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
If you're looking for a 5 or 6 stringer, some of the Ibanez Sr's are nice, not sure if they are within your budget, but might bem the 505 or 506, I've played on them,and they are great, bartoloni pick ups, and many metal players use Ibanez
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
WTF Guys, he said he wants a new bass, stop telling him to get a new amp
RG's & Mesa's