i just got their debut (leaked) and it's killer. the vocals are odd for death metal (remind me more of alot of early Grindcore) but good. it's a concept album about the german invasion of russia in WW2, which is also a big plus for me. enough rambling, who else has it?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Typical Metal Blade garbage. And Obituary called, they want their vocalist back.
Quote by rockybo
Typical Metal Blade garbage. And Obituary called, they want their vocalist back.

the vocalist is alot higher than Obituary's, although they are similar. still, it's a sick style, why can't anyone imitate it?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
The vocals remind me more of Chuck on "Leprosy"
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Quote by rockybo

Martin Van Drunen was the vocalist in Pestilence, nothing to do with Obituary. And 'Metal Blade garbage' would surely refer to the metalcore bands they have signed, no?

I didnt know Martin had another new band, this is sweet stuff.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Obituary's vocals are great and I love hearing imitations. But this band really doesn't do anything at all for me. I've had their demo a while now and this full length as soon as it came out, and they're really just ripping-off everything wrong with the early 90s swedish scene (albeit slowing it down a bit). I don't like Dismember and this band reminds me of a low-rent version of Dismember. Anyway, I wrote a review on it lol
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
i was listening to this more today, and it's a really sick album (at least, imo, judging from the responses so far)
Quote by MHDrunk
Obituary's vocals are great and I love hearing imitations. But this band really doesn't do anything at all for me. I've had their demo a while now and this full length as soon as it came out, and they're really just ripping-off everything wrong with the early 90s swedish scene (albeit slowing it down a bit). I don't like Dismember and this band reminds me of a low-rent version of Dismember. Anyway, I wrote a review on it lol

where can we see this review? lol
Not bad, got some interesting ideas, but overall very average. The production annoyed me though, very typical of the current climate.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Just go to my profile and look at my contributions or something haha I'm pretty sure UG put it up..
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to