View poll results: What amp?
Peavey
39 49%
Randall
25 31%
Other- Please state which one.
16 20%
Voters: 80.
Im looking for an amp to play thrash with. I played the Peavey, but I noticed that I had to crank it much too loud for practicing to get the sound I wanted. Plus it didnt have a smooth lead. I havnt played the Randall yet, but the specs look good.

currently i have a line 6 spider with a digitech rp-80 and fake EMG HZ's. Pretty much terrible.

Im looking for a warm sound like a tube, but kinda bright like SS.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-G3-Plus-Series-RG75G3PLUS-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481686
VS.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442
Can anyone give me full insight.

List any alternatives to the choices. Pedals, amps you know. $500 tops.

Im hoping to get shows soon.

PS. Will the ibanez tube screamer make it so I dont have to crank the sound that much? And will a metal muff or MT-2 make the peavey smooth?

Thanks a ton
Last edited by mepmep at May 8, 2008,
ignore these guys as i highly doubt youll find a dual rectifier for $500
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by zhunt1130
Dual Rectifier...hands down for me

how bout you get a DR before you make that comment
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
how bout you get a DR before you make that comment

How about I play my friends just as much as I play my amp and have played both randall and peavey amps and they're not as good IMO...so how about you shut the **** up
out of the two i'd get the peavy just becuase the other has a hybrid power stage. but then again i've yet to play that randall. People on UG tend to like the Blackheart and Tiny Terror with the later being the heavier... again though i've only played the peavy but i have yet to see a bad review on the blackheart or tiny terror and i've heard infinite good things about them but try before you buy
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
well id say find a triple recto, i have one and its amazing. i got my head and 412 cab for 1500, and the guy let me go to his house and play it before i payed for it, so i got a good deal on it. id say look into the rectifier series definitely if you can fork out the extra cash, but if you cant, ive played the valveking, its a pretty good amp for the price, or maybe even the new line 6 valve series, theyre surprisingly good
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by zhunt1130
How about I play my friends just as much as I play my amp and have played both randall and peavey amps and they're not as good IMO...so how about you shut the **** up

ya well, i've driven a porche before so hands down the best car im gonna recomend to someone looking to spend $2000.

do u see the parallel?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
ya well, i've driven a porche before so hands down the best car im gonna recomend to someone looking to spend $2000.

do u see the parallel?

I voted before I read the OP, don't see the big deal. Obviously 500 bucks will not get you a dual rec, but based solely on the title of the thread, I think I was justified.
Are you justified for reading a thread title and not the actual thread? Do you just read book titles and assume you've read the book as well? Sorry man, can't agree with ya.

Also, Peavey Valveking for under 500, power amputator perhaps...not sure though.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by CrushedCan
Are you justified for reading a thread title and not the actual thread? Do you just read book titles and assume you've read the book as well? Sorry man, can't agree with ya.

Also, Peavey Valveking for under 500, power amputator perhaps...not sure though.

I agree it was dumb not to read the OP...I was just irritated that the guy singled me out when plenty of others said Mesa also. They obviously didn't read the OP either and misunderstood the purpose of the thread just like I did.
Quote by I'MNOOPID
Fender METAL HEAD MH-500 DON"T THINK JUST DO IT

Isn't the Metalhead a solid state amp? For a metal player the very least I would recommend is a hybrid, but you should be playing tube for that awesome metal power that the OP wants.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Neither. Get a Randall RG50TC. One of the best metal amps for the price IMO.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
You might want to look into a used B-52 AT212. I personally am not a big fan due to the sketchy build quality, but as far as what you want, it provides tube warmth and can get very bright. I had the head version for a couple of days, and for the money they are a pretty good deal.

Actually it is only $550 new from MF.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by zhunt1130
I agree it was dumb not to read the OP...I was just irritated that the guy singled me out when plenty of others said Mesa also. They obviously didn't read the OP either and misunderstood the purpose of the thread just like I did.

I apologize if i berated you

*GIVES zhunt1130 A HUG*
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 9, 2008,
A hybrid would be good. You can find Marshall combo with 2x12's for about $300. Either a VS or AVT series. Will sound killer with your Metal Muff.
Im looking into the B-52s now and the RG50TC. Out of the 4 what would be the best?
Laney GH100L

its the Dogs......well you get the idea
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs