Poll: is there an upper age limit to cartoons?
Poll Options
View poll results: is there an upper age limit to cartoons?
yup over 18 is childish
14 10%
yup over 20 is childish
2 1%
yup over 30 is childish
5 3%
yup over 40 is childish
4 3%
yup over 50 is childish
2 1%
NEVER!!!
118 81%
Voters: 145.
Page 1 of 2
alright so I'm 19, and I freaking love cartoons. Especially old school nick stuff like doug, but also family guy, south park and spongebob.

yes, spongebob.

anyway, so i was watching spongebob today, when my 15 year old sister and her friend come in. hey friend starts laughing going "He still watches cartoons?!?!" and they both take off giggling.

It got me thinking, though, do you think there is an age to stop watching cartoons? have you grown out of 'em? am i a big baby for liking animated detective stories?
Quote by CoreysMonster
alright so I'm 19, and I freaking love cartoons. Especially old school nick stuff like doug, but also family guy, south park and spongebob.

yes, spongebob.

anyway, so i was watching spongebob today, when my 15 year old sister and her friend come in. hey friend starts laughing going "He still watches cartoons?!?!" and they both take off giggling.

It got me thinking, though, do you think there is an age to stop watching cartoons? have you grown out of 'em? am i a big baby for liking animated detective stories?

Did you know Spongebob is one of the most popular shows in the gay community?

I don't watch many cartoons except for things like familyguy, simpsons, southpark.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
The day you take my cartoons away from me will be a cold, massacrefilled day.

I don't really watch any, but I do like courage the cowardly dog.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Spongebob could own your sister anytime.

Quote by Kensai
The day you take my cartoons away from me will be a cold, massacrefilled day.

I don't really watch any, but I do like courage the cowardly dog.

DUMME HUND!!
Nothing wrong about watching South Park, it's actually a much deeper show than most people are led to believe.

Family Guy's aimed at about your demographic, nothing really wrong about you watching it other than the fact that it's not really all that funny.

As for Spongebob... it's a bit odd, but nothing overly wierd about it. Maybe you've just got an immature sense of humor.
Well, I've kinda grown out of em, but every once in a while when I see a cartoon that I actually like or used to watch, I'd still check it out. I'm 19 btw. I dunno, I guess you grow out of em. I don't see whats wrong with watching them though.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Spongebob could own your sister anytime.

the funny thing is i've caught her watching it when she thinks everyone's up stairs
Im 18, and i love the occasional cartoon eg. Spongebob.
If you find them entertaining, whatever age you may be, then you should be free to go watch them! And be entertained!
I love watching stuff like family guy, the simpsons, american dad, grim adventures of evil and mandy, etc.
I think its a matter of opinion, most people dont like them at certain age(mostly teens, atleast here, i get called baby and ****...)
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Well, I enjoy anime which is more or less the same thing.

But Spongebob=/=Akira.

The jury's out on this one.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
You are never too old to watch cartoons. Especially Spongebob.

OHHHHH
WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?
When all else fails, ask the pit.
I love cartoons. Go me.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime

OHHHHH

don't start.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime

OHHHHH

SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS!

ABSORBANT AND YELLOW AND POROUS IS HE!
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Never!
Cartoons are soooo entertaining, and thats what tv should be.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

No. I don't think animation is inherently childish.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I ll never stop watch cartoons!

Why would I deprive myself of cartoons? They are so entertaining!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Yeah I still watch em and I'm old. The Simpsons cause it's just the best, Transformers, Thundercats, The Tick, The fairly odd parents, Justice League, Spiderman, X-Men (most marvel cartoons from the early 90s)
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
I focking love cartoons. And Spongebob kicks ass. Spongebob kicks so much ass I bought a Spongebob belt from New Look.

...I'm such a faggot
Bugs Bunny > all other cartoons.
And you're never to old.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Don't care what she says except for doug me and all my freinds ar watching the whole funny cartoon stuff it kicks asses
Never too old for cartoons. I watch them with my kids.
They had me hooked on Dragonball Z for a bit.
Quote by Våd Hamster
DUMME HUND!!

Such an awesome cartoon
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Vikingx
Never too old for cartoons. I watch them with my kids.
They had me hooked on Dragonball Z for a bit.

dude my dad always bitched about our cartoons, said in his youth they didn't have all that crap from japan (DBZ, pokemon). When I pointed out to him that all of the cartoons he mentioned actually DID come from Japan, he still wouldn't shut up. he hates everything that was invented after 1989.
60% of my tv watching is cartoons. The only other things I watch is the military, science, and discovery channel. I don't get into anime though. I like SP, family guy, spongebob, grim adventures and all the typical ones.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by CoreysMonster
dude my dad always bitched about our cartoons, said in his youth they didn't have all that crap from japan (DBZ, pokemon). When I pointed out to him that all of the cartoons he mentioned actually DID come from Japan, he still wouldn't shut up. he hates everything that was invented after 1989.

You can take a man out of the 80s but you can't take the 80s out of a man
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
You're never too old for cartoons.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by homair

O_o
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by homair

dude that is so true. same thing goes for the 90's. everybody that grew up in the 90's will agree that we had the best music, cartoons, food whatever.
Cartoons are always awesome. I still laugh out loud at The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park and even stuff like Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear, Road Runner, Tom & Jerry, Wacky Races and others.

Mid 90's cartoons like Doug, Hey Arnold, etc dont really do anything for me but thats just personal prefference.

I also enjoy Disney cartoon/cgi movies way too much. They're just so damn good! (I'm 19 btw)
I grew up in the 80's but my girlfriend grew up in the 90's. It's kinda funny... I was in Bosnia with the Marine Corps when she was in Junior High.

Anyway, I get the best of both worlds music wise.
Quote by CoreysMonster

... because your dad grew up with great cartoons like Scooby-Doo

Seriously though, I don't see myself ever not liking cartoons. Invader Zim, Dexter's Lab, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Spongebob, Animaniacs, Rocko's Modern Life, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, X-men, Batman... I'm sure there's more, but you get the point. There's lot's of great stuff out there, better than most live action shows in my opinion. Plus there are all the great cartoon movies out there that trump live action almost every time (at least they did, until about 1998. nowadays all movies are pretty bad...). Plus, who do you think makes the cartoons? Children? It's middle-aged men and women, and if they can produce animation without being called childish, then I should be able to watch it.
Page 1 of 2