If an OD pedal boosts a tubes amp tones, then what does a fuzz pedal do?

I was thinking before of getting an OCD fulltone, but I wanted to get a tone close to jimmy page's, hendrix's, and Gilmour.

So would the FUlltone 70's fuzz pedal be the best fuzz I can get? is there anything more vintage sounding that's not above $150?
Jimmy Page used a Germanium fuzz, Gilly used a Silicon fuzz, and Hendrix used both, but more of the Silicon.

You most definately want a fuzz for that kind of stuff, I play that sort of thing with a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz, it's the best vintage fuzz out there, in my opinion.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
For a really nice botique vintage sounding fuzz check out the Skreddy Lunar Module, it was created to nail the fuzz tone of Gilmour on Dark Side of the Moon. The only thing is that its $195.

The Skreddy Screwdriver is also 195 and is an awesome Jimmy Page OD, but again its 195.

Maybe try to save a bit more and get one of them, there handbuilt and take about 2 months to build, so you would have time to save.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
On a budget, the EHX Double Muff is a great fuzz pedal. It's worlds apart from the rest of the Muffs I've used.
If you can solder check out byoc. They have some nice vintage fuzzes, and are great if you don't want to spend lots on a fuzz.
Quote by Kino22x
If you can solder check out byoc. They have some nice vintage fuzzes, and are great if you don't want to spend lots on a fuzz.

Good idea. They are pretty nice if built well

TS- if you're interested I'm selling a mint condition BYOC TS808 clone.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by rhcp_freak
Gilly used a Silicon fuzz
Gilmour used a germanium fuzz in the early years

Quote by greggybhoy
On a budget, the EHX Double Muff is a great fuzz pedal. It's worlds apart from the rest of the Muffs I've used.
Muff =/= fuzz.

I don't have any experience with a fuzz pedal other then what I've read in reviews, heard in soundclips, or know what guitarists use them, but I've heard great things about the Monsterpiece fuzzes (built by a guy on the Harmony-Central forums), Analogman Sunface (pricey, but this thing is hailed as the fuzz to get), Roger Mayer fuzzes, and even the newer Hendrix Fuzz Face (the blue one).
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Good idea. They are pretty nice if built well

TS- if you're interested I'm selling a mint condition BYOC TS808 clone.

I would, but right now I only have $300 and I still haven't gotten my pv Classic 30

sorry.
Barber trifecta. Definitely isnt fizzy great bottom end. Replaced a 68 aff with it. Heads above that pedal.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Just ran into a Fulltone 69'. Which one is better. Fulltone 70, or 69' version?
Bostonrocks is making fuzzes right now.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
gilmour used germanium fuzzed up until animals and then he switched to silicon
jsut to clarify
^^If by Animals you mean Meddle. He used a germanium fuzz up until around 71ish, then he switched to silicon. The fuzz remained in his rig until the Floyd split (playing a prominent role in his sound from Pompeii up to Wish You Were Here), but he added a Pete Cornish distortion (which was basically a modded Ram's Head Muff) for the Animals album that was later replaced by an original Ram's Head Muff.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
if you want a fuzz look into the one in my sig you might like it.

it's silicon so it's more david gilmourish.hendrix.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by esp1234
If an OD pedal boosts a tubes amp tones, then what does a fuzz pedal do?

I was thinking before of getting an OCD fulltone, but I wanted to get a tone close to jimmy page's, hendrix's, and Gilmour.

So would the FUlltone 70's fuzz pedal be the best fuzz I can get? is there anything more vintage sounding that's not above $150?

no. thats not what an OD pedal does. an OD pedal emulates the sound of an overdriven tube amp. you can turn down the gain and turn up the level and use it as more of a boost pedal to push the amp into overdrive however. but you can use an OD pedal on a SS amp and it still sounds like overdrive. im really not sure where people get the idea that an OD pedal just boosts a tube amp, no offence.

a fuzz pedal basically is suposed to emulate the sound of an overdriven tube amp with a torn speaker cone. thats what ive read. some guy like the sound and suposedly thats what the fuzz pedals are suposed to be trying to sound like. ive never played through a torn speaker so i can say what this actually sounds like. but i know it will sound fuzzier than just OD (duh) and from what ive heard can sound a kinda "splaty" and crunchy depending on how you set it up.